cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection problem, keep disconnecting

N/A

Hi Everyone,

I just move from Freedom2surf to Plusnet. After one month I get disconnected at least 6 times or more a day. Can anyone tell me if they get the same problem. When I was with Freedom2Surf, everything is fine. I thinking its Plusnet problem.

note: piss me off especially when playing World of Warcraft.

Thanks
Bryan
44 REPLIES
N/A

I've had a similar problem. It keeps disconnecting whilst you're online. Yesterday, it must have dropped about 7 times before it settled. This kind of service is poor.

Spoke to a friend who works for BT and he said I need to contact PN first and see if they can sort out the problem.

If I’m not the only person experiencing this problem, then there surely is a problem.
N/A

Hi there,

As has been mentioned before on these boards, disconects generally occurr between you and the exchange. Well before you get near Plus Nets Network.

Eliminate all possible causes within your premises and then raise the issue to Plus Net for investigation by BT.

There are many reasons for disconnects and line drops. if you ask Plus Net to investigate they will do their utmost to get it sorted.
N/A

When I was with Freedom2surf, I was fine. Do Plusnet use a different exchange?
N/A

No, but that doesnt mean that BT havent done something, during or after your migration, to your exchange.

Check your exchange status here

Although that may not be entirely up to date. it relies on BT published data.
N/A

Really appreciate your help pcsni,

I checked the exchange and it show yellow. Also, the history show some red lights. Does these means that there are heavy traffic near my area? Thats why I get disconnected?

If so, Is this BT Problem?

Thanks
N/A

Hi there,

If the VP capacity is showing as red then i would expect you to see the effects of contention but maybe not drop outs or disconnects. Depends on how bad things are at the exchange.

I have no doubt that this is a BT problem. I would raise it with Plus Net via a ticket anyway for further investigation. They will have access to more detailed and up to date information.
N/A

MinusNet

I have now had a connection poblem for 3 months with little or no progress from Plusnet or BT. During peak times (evenings) the line drops almost as soon as you connect but at un-sociable hours (11pm-9am) it is fine. Plusnet is adamant that it is a problem a my end but why does it only happen when the bandwidth is full at peak time.

There is something deeper here that we as customers are not getting told about. I dont think the exchange or suppliers can provide the service they are selling but continue to sell it anyway.

If anyone has any theories, please comment.

Regards,

Soon to be ex-Plusnet customer.
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Is there a pattern here??

See these threads -

http://www.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30529

http://www.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30490

http://www.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30468

Why the simple minded might conclude there is a problem with PlusNet or BT but NOT with the poor old users.

Would PlusNet care to comment?
N/A

There seem to be several trends recently from what I see on these forums.

A review of procedures is really needed and then optimised to current issues.

Perhaps PN need to employ someone to analyse the CS calls / Tickets and work out where things are going wrong. (perhaps a just hire a consultant for a few days if cost is an issue). With the increasing number of customers they should be able to afford a bit more expenditure.

Even if its not a problem from their side it would help to identify the trends and work out standrad solutions and publish them so it saves both the customer and PN staff time.
N/A

There does seems to be something odd happening that PN aren't telling us. The connection was fine when I first had it installed (May 2005) but now, its forever dropping connection.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

As I have mentioned in another thread, we have not been having a significant amount of reports of dropping connections. Because of this we need to investigate all of these as individual issues.

If you are having problems with your connection please follow the diagnostic tutorial at http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/10.
N/A

Regarding the last message.

That tutorials doesn't help me one bit. All I know is that, It was working fine with Freedom2Surf, but on Plusnet I get this problem. I a paying customer, so I don't want these hassle, checking these and that.

I email Plusnet Support, hopefully I'll get some where.
N/A

Hi Glitch,

I realise how frustrating this may be, however the diagnostic proceedures are layed down by BT and without following these and providing answers to set questions BT will not progress any issue.

It may feel like jumping through hoops, but it is the only way.

BTW do not email support. That is not a support channel Raise a ticket through "contact us" , accessed by clicking Help at the top of every page.
N/A

Constant disconnection again yesterday. From about 8:30pm until 10:00pm it kept disconnecting. In the end, I just gave up!

However, on Tuesday, it was very stable and only disconnected once.

Is it worth raising a ticket and getting PN to look into it?