cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection loss? No connection at all?

N/A

Having some problems. I've only been with Plus Net for about a week now, probabbly less.

I'm using a Voyager 205 ADSL Router (Single USB and Ethernet ports), which is connected into a hub, which has 3 computers connected to it. I'm signed up for Broadband Premier.

My problem is.... web sites dont load, Instant messengers dont sign in, but when i access the router, it tells me its connected with a 'Fast' connection. It seems very touchy, meaning occasionally it will allow a web site to load, or something like MSN or ICQ to sign in, but then it usually disconnects not long after.

The very strange thing is however, at about 10pm tonight I plugged the Router in using the USB port directly to this computer, and after about 15 minutes of it playing up, it started to work properly again.

Any ideas as to whats going on and how I can fix it?
4 REPLIES
___oDiN__
Grafter

do you lose sync ( adsl light lashing then going solid) when u experience problems?

have you tried a different modem i personally hate the 205s
N/A

ADSL light stays solid. I havnt tried a differnt modem, im just using the one they sent me Smiley
JonathanW
Grafter

What happens if you connect the 205 directly into the ethernet port on one of the computers? As its possible that something in your network configuration is causing problems with the way that the 205 is trying to provide internet access to all three machines.
N/A

Plugged in to the ethernet port on the back of the PC - No difference, keeps cutting off and not loading things.