cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection drops out every hour(ish)

N/A

As the title says really roughly every hour the connections simply drops out. Can only be solved via a computer reboot...switching modem on and off doesn't seem to work.

Have BT voyager 205 running windows XP.

Any idea what's causing this? Is it a plusnet problem or CPU?

Cheers.
6 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hi there,

It is extremely unlikely to be us, especially as I've just checked and there are no time outs associated with your account. Looking at RADIUS also suggests that the doscinnections are happening at either the BT or your Router end.

I'd suggest trying an alternate filter and connecting into the test/master socket where possible.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

When the connection appears to drop what happens to the DSL light on the front of the router?
Does this stay on, go off or start flashing?
Next time this happens before rebooting the router can you try to browse to the router setup page.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Just hi-jacking the thread!

I'm experiencing the same thing, using a Netgear DG834 Wired router. More noticeably after 5-6 in the evening.

The connection will drop, then the router light will flash and re-connect me as and when it can. Often the re-occurs 10-15 times an hour.

Ive tried the filters and used the master alone.

Shockedops:
James
Grafter

Croftys,

Can you raise a fault by going to http://faults.plus.net so that we can investigate internally and then refer to BT Wholesale where required?
N/A

Thanks for the reply jamesbailey,

Ive just flashed the firmware on my router, and so far i've had success!

Ill keep an eye on it, and follow the link you suggest if i get any more problems.

Again thanks for the reply.

Crofty
Mand
Grafter

Glad to hear it's all working again. Smiley

Please let us know via the fault checker if the issue returns and we'll get it sorted for you.