cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting to text news groups

stathe
Grafter

I am haveing problems useing OE text news groups at usenet.plus.net they are not only wildly out of date but quite often ,unable to connect to server. Was advised to use text.news.plus.net but this wont connect at all What am I doing wrong??The groups I subscribe to are simple text groups,d.i.y, farm, telecom etc . Any help would be apreciated and Is there any other connection I could use that would work Ed
2 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

There shouldn't be any issues accessing the text.usenet.plus.net server at the moment. As such, if you're having problems I'd suggest raising a link:Contact Us ticket on your account so that the issue can be investigated. Make sure that you include any error messages that you are getting.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

A quote from a Dave Tomlinson post in plusnet.service.customer-feedback:
I believe I've fixed the problem for Mark. To anyone else who is unable to connect to text.usenet.plus.net (or force9.net) run a tracert to the server.

If you see in the first hop on our network mention of "homesurf" (and you aren't on either a Home Surf or Biz Surf account) raise a ticket on your account asking for the "ADSL dial-up component to be refreshed to resolve the issue with text.usenet.plus.net" and this should fix it.

HTH
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)