cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting problems

bootletip
Grafter

connecting problems

I have just had to spend ages again trying to log in to pn.

I had problems logging in first thing today (I leave my pc off over night and modem disconnected from wall socket - too much thunder around) could not get back on line for ages- it kept saying there was a verification problem

then again just now I had to switch off and then could not get back on line again for ages - same message verification issue came up again.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

connecting problems

So it's not just me! I've been having similar problems since Sunday (see http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46083&start=45).

Bob
N/A

No connection since Monday am

Hi
Anyone experiencing system down. Has been generally solid for 2 years give or take the odd hiccup. Worked fine Sunday evening but no connection possible Monday am or since. Have a Netgear 834 and LAN that is fine. Green light is on solid showing a good adsl connection. Simply does not connect to the net. Have checked everything. Reported to Plus by phone (6 hours or5 days!! to fix). Have yet to try replacing router, but some change (Sunday night update) most likely cause. Have rolled back XP a day in case update change is the cause. Anyone similar experience and have resolved?
waldron
Grafter

connecting problems

I was unable to connect between 13:30 and 15:10 today, when I gave up. My router showed that the DSL status was "Connected" but the Plusnet Connection showed as "Disconnected". Presumably that meant that it was unable to logon to PN.
N/A

Problem solved

In case anyone else is having this problem, eventually got through to Plusnet helpline. A setting in the Netgear 834 router, on the ADSL settings, needs to be changed to VC based. Apparently a newly contracted service provider that took over some accounts requires this change for the system to function. Good luck, but why didn't Plusnet advise us of the need for this change. I've had 2 days fruitless work trying to unpick the fault.
Community Veteran

connecting problems

hall242, any idea if this would this explains my problem? I'm getting intermittent authentication problems - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Also I have an internal DSL modem (not a router).

Bob