cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conflicting advice

N/A

conflicting advice

I have had a problem of losing synch, or trying to activate the line.
My system is now down again for the 3rd time since Friday and I have only been with Plusnet a week or so.
Firts I am told to change my settings but not told to leave the pc trying to connect.
Then I am told that it is a bt problem and has been reported to them. When I chase it I am told it hasn't been reported to bt yet as plusnet need to test my line. I then leave it trying to connect and the system is up again. Not for very long though it is soon down again. This time I am told it is probablt the exchange as a lot of them have problems, I can appreciate this but when I check with friends using ADSL on the same exchange but different ISPs they have no problems
I am then told to leave it trying to connect which I do so all night and next morning it is up again buty a note is sent saying that they could not test the line as the pc was powered down!
Then an hour or two later and it is down again and is still down at this moment in time. I understand that there can be teething problems but I don't understand why I can't be given accurate information about what exactly is being done. I don't expect a snap response but for someone to get back to me with a considered reply. Are plusnet managing to get it up and running again or is it just correcting itself? Have BT been informed or not? Is it a BT problem or not?
--
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: conflicting advice

Hi there,
Apologies for the confusion regarding the resolution of your ADSL fault -- rest assured this is now in the hands of our Faults team and we will work to resolve this for you as soon as possible.
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

Hi Mike,
thanks for getting back so soon and I accept your apology on behalf of Plusnet.
But my primary questions at the end of my post still remain unanswered
rgds
Chris

> Hi there,
>
> Apologies for the confusion regarding the resolution of your ADSL fault -- rest assured this is now in the hands of our Faults team and we will work to resolve this for you as soon as possible.
>
> Regards,
> Mike
>
> --
> | Mike Grice Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

--
N/A

> Hi Mike,
> thanks for getting back so soon and I accept your apology on behalf of Plusnet.
> But my primary questions at the end of my post still remain unanswered
> rgds
> Chris
>
Hi,

As you are losing sync with the exchange this will be either caused by a fault with the exchange, a fault with your line or a fault with the hardware at your end. As you have already been through the basic checks at your end we are reporting this to BT to investigate from their side. Please check Contact Us for further updates.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
Community Veteran

If your line is loosing sync then it is likely to be a problem at the local exchange.
The way ADSL works aat the exchange level means that other ppl on the same exchange may have no problems and you do, in the same way you could suffer line noise and they don't.

Intermittent problems are generally harder to find and fix, so PlusNet and BT may take a little longer to resolve it.

Chris