cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

completely useless

N/A

completely useless

i requested a MAC code so that I could move to talktalk. i received a phone call and was promised my MAC code within 15 minutes. my help centre question was answered. they even said that a MAC code had been generated. however, nothing in my email and nothing in the answer to my question. i posted a reply and asked for the code. nothing.
i decided to ring BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there is no one to talk to @ f9!!!!!
lots of IVRs that lead nowhere.
last two calls have referred me to the Help & Support area but that's where this all started.
all this has confirmed my decision to leave f9 as they can't cope. however, as they wont give me a MAC code looks like i am staying for now.
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

completely useless

Hi,

It looks like the agent who handled your request had some problems with the systme at the time, hence the missing MAC key. I've sorted this out for you, and if you check your support question you'll have the MAC key.
N/A

completely useless

It would have been nice or maybe even courteous for Jon to say sorry you are leaving, but the attitude of F9 from these comments is here is your MAC key go.

However it appears from his comments that even the agents are also having problems, as well as the clients.
bod
Grafter

completely useless

this is one of the most infuriating aspects of this whole episode with F9 - they have not once apologised or even kept us informed of our progress with whatever problems we are having. I just don't understand their attitude? Most bizzarre! I have always rated F9 so highly. I have been more than happy with F9 for several years - always good speeds and steady connection.

HOW CAN F9 MANAGERS LET THEIR SUPPORT STAFF TREAT us LOYAL and previously happy customers so badlyHuh Or is it the managers who don't care>? This is an utter disgrace. I am still stuck on some kinda ISDN 128 kbps speed and after my last fault check and many questions IGNORED by support staff, they got back to me after god knows how long? nearly a week!! and said ' Our suppliers have changed the configuration for your line, please retest the service.'

Well..guess what? No change this end. So back to square one! This has been going on since 13th June!! WIll I get compensated? Pffffft
bod
Grafter

completely useless

The problem is where do we go? Which ISP>? I get the impression that they are all as bad as each other :/
N/A

completely useless

The problem is where do we go? Which ISP>? I get the impression that they are all as bad as each other :/

I think you are right on this one. There is only one or two companies which I would go to, apart from that, i stay put just now.

I know the Customer service is not brill currently, however i would give them a chance to sort this out.

Well..guess what? No change this end. So back to square one! This has been going on since 13th June!! WIll I get compensated? Pffffft

Regarding getting compensated, i think your find that once your problems have been fixed, that your billing date will be moved forward, this is what has happened to me, which i was happy with.
N/A

completely useless

this was the same when I requested my mac code - no asking why I wanted to leave, no persuasion to keep me, etc, etc.

I reckon this is also the same with Cytek when he left, no questions asking why, just here it is .. bye.

no thank you for your custom over the years

as for other isps

depending on what you want then you need to look around

talktalk ties you in to an 18 month contract, but for £21pm inclusive of calls and line rental then you can't complaing even with a 40gb monthly usage, its a lot cheaper than the new packages offered by F9

if you just want broadband then choose zen or freeola both have various packages and costs, with freeola doing a special offer at the moment. They don't throttle any port or bandwidh at any time of the day, unlike most isps these days.

In all F9 should start looking at why they are losing customers both old and new, and take on board any critism that maybe said and then act upon it.

As we the latest email outage, i'm lucky I had removed my domain from f9 earlier this year and can still receive emails that way, and only ones lost are through my f9 mailboxes.

In all their service has detoriated over the years, and has actually got worse in the last 6-12 months. Hopefully they can pull themselves out of the rut and get back to where they were before.

regards
mike
N/A

completely useless

In all their service has detoriated over the years, and has actually got worse in the last 6-12 months. Hopefully they can pull themselves out of the rut and get back to where they were before.

Thats what i am hoping for. In all the years i have been with F9, this has to be the worse, however i am giving them the chance to improve.
Frogger
Grafter

completely useless

I'm still for giving them a chance to improve. I've been a customer since 1999 when service was good. It has dropped very suddenly but as they must be at an all time low level of service, they can only get better. They do need to stop tweaking T&C and upsetting customers. I'd like to see some positive comments in this forum provided they are true. It is true that for every bad comment there are probably at least five good ones that go un said. The nature of people means they only voice opinion when things go bad. So let's help the guys at F9 ... assuming they read these forums and give feedback good & bad.
N/A

completely useless

They have had their chance. I'm off to ZEN ...today.
Bye bye f9