cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compensation

N/A

compensation

should we seek compensation.
From my limited knowledge of the sale of goods act we are paying for a service we are not recieving and as such are eligible for compensatory payments.
Anybody know different?
19 REPLIES
Community Veteran

compensation

In short, what service are you not receiving?

You need to have good evidence of either the service is of poor qualiy for the price you are paying compared to other services or you are a...

Wink

--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Community Veteran

compensation

Both ADSL and mail are not guaranteed services and PN make a best effort to supply them.

The is also no service level agreement available from BT/Tiscali so there is no recourse for compensation. The T&C are pretty clear about this.

It is at PlusNets descretion if they give compensation to a user and when this happens its normally in the form of moving your billing date forward.
N/A

compensation

It all boils down to no SLA.

If you want SLA you have to pay. Do not go banging on about others they do not provide SLA you have to pay for this BT and all!
N/A

compensation

If they are not guaranteed services what the hell doe I pay £39.99 a month for?

Is it so Plusnet can blow smoke up my arse about improving there customer service.

Surely for that amount of money a service should be guaranteed?
Community Veteran

compensation

Peter, in some respects you are correct, however with regards the Sales of Goods and Service Act you have statutory rights regardless of what may be in the PN T&C's.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

compensation

Hi,

This should be put into perspective. Your £39.99 or £29.99 or £21.99 or whatever fee will pay for an ADSL connection, it will pay for email and webspace and if applicable will pay for the value added services. It will also pay for the support team to resolve any problems you have as quickly as possible. It doesn't though pay for a Service Level Agreement that the connection will be on x% of time or a Service Level Guarantee that will pay compensation if it goes down.

A service like that will be offered by a leased line, which will likely cost in the region of several thousands of pounds per month. The reason they cost so much is because of the service level agreements that come with them to fix problems and maintain uptime.
N/A

compensation

All I can say is what value added services and what support team?
N/A

compensation

A service like that will be offered by a leased line, which will likely cost in the region of several thousands of pounds per month.

Rubbish! Or just another example of how far behind the times +net are!

Leased lines have come way down in price over the past few years.

I currently pay £6k per ANNUM for a leased line (2Mb) with NO cap, NO restrictions, and in the last 2 years, approximately 20 minutes of downtime. But then...thats supplied by an ISP who CARE about their user base.
N/A

compensation

I think PN need to remember one point in their T's & C's:

31.1 Nothing in these Conditions affects your statutory rights as a consumer.

So no matter what PN say about it not being a guarnteed service, if they are not delivering what the customer is paying for then the customer has a right to a refund as per the above.
N/A

compensation

I currently pay £6k per ANNUM for a leased line (2Mb) with NO cap, NO restrictions, and in the last 2 years, approximately 20 minutes of downtime. But then...thats supplied by an ISP who CARE about their user base.

An ISP who cares? Ok please tell which ISP,
I think we all need to know!!!!!!

I am currently in the 1 week turn a round for ticket reply’s, and when they do reply they don’t read the bloody ticket history!! And ask the same question all over again.

Customer services, what a joke,
N/A

compensation

As posting the names of rival ISPs seems to be in contravention of the +net "Don't Mention The War" rules....

All I'll say is that they arent called DifficultNet but they HAVE just been bought out by Sky.
N/A

compensation

Can’t believe the red stuff running through our veins is on the censored list!!!

Thanks for the reply, Not sure which ISP you are referring too, but will Google sky / ISP - should shed some light on the puzzle.

thanks
N/A

compensation

Replace "Difficult" with it's opposite.

However, that was an ISP dedicated to serving only business users, and AFAIK had a separate operation for retail customers...

So there may well have been quite a difference in customer service and tech support - particularly on numbers of calls.

Only a small number of businesses would be ready to spend 6,000 a year for their internet connection, and I don't think many (even in IT) would spend their cash that way...
N/A

compensation

I currently pay £6k per ANNUM for a leased line (2Mb) with NO cap, NO restrictions

I assume it is using ADSL (or have SDSL prices come down that much?)

How confident are you that it will not be impacted by the takeover, when a few million other customers are likely to be added to the same network?