cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.com Domains - Verisign or PlusNet?

N/A

.com Domains - Verisign or PlusNet?

I have a couple of .com domains, registered and web-forwarded by Network Solutions (Verisign). They point to webspace on PlusNet. These domains are coming up for renewal in the next couple of weeks. The cost of renewal for a year is USD69 and includes web-forwarding and matching email addresses.

I wondered if there are any advantages (price or otherwise) in transferring them into my PlusNet residential account?

Views from customer service and others welcome.

Jim
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: .com Domains - Verisign or PlusNet?

Hi,
Any domains can be transfered into oursevles via the My Accoutn section. On a residential paid account you may host upto 3 domains for free and on a business account 5 domains, subject to any renewal fees.
As I am sure you are aware we offer excellent web hosting on all accounts which is second to none, paid business accounts get upto 500mb of web space, more than you are likely to ever need, with a web bandwidth quota to match. We also offer hosting of Perl, PHP, MySQL, CGI, Frontpage extensions and we offer SSL for secure web sites. The My domains section of the portal also allows you to configure your domain as well as trasfering other domains in and out.

Thanks
Chris
--
| Chris Rugen.....................................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant..........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............................@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------------+
N/A

> Hi,

Thanks for the reply, Chris.

> Any domains can be transfered into oursevles via the My Accoutn section. On a residential paid account you may host upto 3 domains for free and on a business account 5 domains, subject to any renewal fees.

I was under the impression that free hosting only applied to .co.uk domains? Or do you mean that I would have to pay the currently due renewal fee to Verisign, but could save on - for example - the cost of web forwarding by choosing PlusNet to host?

> As I am sure you are aware we offer excellent web hosting on all accounts which is second to none,

<snip>

I'm perfectly happy with PlusNet's account features. I am really trying to pin down whether there is any advantage in changing my current arrangements re. domain names.

Best wishes

Jim
N/A

There is no finanical advantage to hosting your domains here, the main reasons for doing so is that you only have one host to deal with and you can use all the features I mentioned earlier with your domain name, many of which you can not access if your domain is with Verisign.

Thanks
Chris
--
| Chris Rugen.....................................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant..........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............................@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------------+
N/A

Personally I buy all of my domains from UKREG.com. They charge £5.90 per 2 years for .co.uk & £9 per year for .com - THIS INCLUDES EMAIL & WEB FORWARDING. This just shows you how much some companies are fleecing you for!