cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.co.uk domainname

markgillespie
Grafter

.co.uk domainname

My account gives me the option of having a .co.uk domainname for £1 a month for 2 years. I have never considered this option, as I always thought it was a tad expensive, when easy reg-123 were offering the same for £6 for 2 years.

I have a domain registered with EasyReg1-2-3 's and been using their forwarding, but have started having problems with them(specifially, their email forwarding has a 3mb attachment limit).

want options do I have to transfer this domain to PlusNet? I own the domain, and have the certificate (I believe). Can I take the £1 a month option and transfer the control of this domain to PlusNet?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

.co.uk domainname

Hi,

You'll have two options. You can either leave the IPSTag with the existing provider and change the nameservers to ns1.force9.net and ns2.force9.net and just host the domain with us. Most accounts allow up to three domains to be hosted for free and your existing provider will handle the renewal.

Or you can change the IPSTag to FORCE9 and we can handle both the hosting and renewal for £1 per month.
N/A

.co.uk domainname

You'll have two options. You can either leave the IPSTag with the existing provider and change the nameservers to ns1.force9.net and ns2.force9.net and just host the domain with us. Most accounts allow up to three domains to be hosted for free and your existing provider will handle the renewal.

Given the price difference, and the ability to switch to other hosting if need be, I'd always suggest someone just change the DNS and keep billing with the other firm. Now and again some firm gets into difficulties (eg Firevision) but if you can get a good deal with another firm, there's really no good reason to switch.
N/A

.co.uk domainname

I'm using QIQ, and have been for some time, with no problems. The reason I went to them was that their price is good and if I decide to leave PlusNet it makes it simpler.
N/A

Re: .co.uk domainname

when easy reg-123 were offering the same for £6 for 2 years. ... I have a domain registered with EasyReg1-2-3

Never heard of that firm... You don't mean 123-reg.co.uk do you ?