cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closing accounts ?

N/A

closing accounts ?

following a support call made at 6.21 this morning , answered by [removed] , who came on with a terrible attitude problem , refused to help me a then called me liar before hanging up on me I would like to know to cancel my account with you

any one help me out ?

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Agents name removed as it's against the forum rules as posted below
15 REPLIES
N/A

closing accounts ?

First you need to take the CS name out of your post - its against the rules.
(hint: hit the edit button above your post and remove the name)

To cancel your account, go to the help pages, and ask a question by following the wizard.
You want to hit the option for Customer Services and Billing, then the option for Account Management, then the option to Move to Another Providor (Request a MAC).

PN will then let you know what fees you owe in order to cancel, and once they have been paid, they'll issue you a MAC.

Give your MAC to your new supplier, and hey presto - done.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

closing accounts ?

If some C/S agents are being rude to customers perhaps it's about time they were named and shamed. There does not appear to be a problem naming an agent when they have been helpfull!

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceding post removed as it is unnecessary and against the rules.]
N/A

closing accounts ?

Hi there,

The naming of agents, no matter what the circumstances is not permitted.

This was somthing which was discussed by the mods in the recent past. There needs to be consistancy and whilst its always good to praise when its deserved, the rules need to be consistant where possible.

To the OP. I sympathise with you on this one. None of us should come away from a call to the CSC feeling like that.

I'll flag this to the Comms Team for them to see what took place here and for any action they deem necessary.

I have removed the agents name from the post for you, but will include it in the contact with the Comms Team.
N/A

closing accounts ?

If some C/S agents are being rude to customers perhaps it's about time they were named and shamed.

Wink

Edit: linky on winky...
Community Veteran

closing accounts ?

True but there is a proper greivance procedure to do this.
Not by posting in a public forum where we only know one side of the story.
James
Grafter

closing accounts ?

I'm always happy to ensure complaints are dealt with in the correct manner, so if in doubt, drop me an email.

I am raising this issue internally currently.
N/A

closing accounts ?

Thanks to ***** for getting in touch, and dealing with this matter promptly[/i

John (johnessex) please note

I wonder at who makes the rules that deny me the God given right of free speech?

Is the policy to hide all that offends the owner of the forum, or is the forum a place for frank and open discussion?
When the internet is governed in this way it takes away the appeal and that would be a terrible thing.

Please don’t quake at the master’s feet, stand up and say what you feel you need to say or forever be in chains
N/A

closing accounts ?

You do have the right to free speech, just not here! Wink

Joking aside, all feedback is welcomed, and there are very few rules. One of these rules happens to be that CS agents names must not be posted unless they have given their full permission to do so.

All postings here are virtually anonymous, unless you desire to give your correct name to people - thus its unfair to post other people's real names without their say so.

Personally I think its a good rule - if you wish to praise an individual, include the ticket number which it's related, and one of the Comms team who post in here will pick it up and ensure its passed on.

As far as avoiding things that PN don't like, there are numerous threads which show PN in a bad light, and they are perfectly acceptable.

Frank and open discussion is encouraged - but the overriding principle is always "respect for the individual" - thus personal critisms are not allowed - only general comments on the overall situation.
N/A

closing accounts ?

and there are very few rules

About as few rules as the SUP/FUP/AUP Wink
N/A

closing accounts ?

About as few rules as the SUP/FUP/AUP

Sorry pal, was talking about the forum rules, not anything else to do with the service! - Thats when you get into the really confusing rules Wink
waldron
Grafter

closing accounts ?

I realise that PN are attempting to adopt a 'friendly' approach when dealing with tickets, or questions (or whatever they are now called).
But I wonder why it is necessary to include the agents name at all in the CSC response. For most of us we are just happy that our problem is being dealt with. After all, we don't know the agents personally. So why not just refer to them all as 'CSC Agent'. That way allegations against individual agents would be avoided.
N/A

closing accounts ?

Why not give all agents numbers instead of naming them.Best of both worlds.You can be specific about agents without being personal.As long as they dont start fighting over who's going to be "agent no 007". Cheesy
N/A

closing accounts ?

Unless agents are given random numbers each day than there is no difference between a name and number if posted.

Who was number 6?
N/A

closing accounts ?

Number 6 was the really useless one wasn't (s)he?

Hmmm, see what you mean about numbers!

Random numbers are not much use to customers either, as long as the name is recorded in a place where PN can access it in the event of a complaint/training issue - there is no need for customers to know the names.

However I do like to see the names of people whom are responding to me so what to do? Just don't post them perhaps? Wink