cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chat programs

N/A

chat programs

what is the best chat programs on the net....
8 REPLIES
Craigiusmaximus
Grafter

chat programs

MSN?
The_10th
Grafter

chat programs

MSN Live is pretty good especially as you can send a message to a contact when they are offline for them to receive it when online next. Trillian is not bad either.

GAIM or AMSN is good for Linux.
_lecro_
Grafter

chat programs

Best for Gamers is XFIRE

Or if you wana actually talk try SKYPE its much better than the x-lite c r a p PN use Wink

And as mentioned MSNlive very good Wink
pacem
Grafter

chat programs

A) The one that supports all the protocols of the chat systems that your friends use.

There are many chat systems out there (jabber, irc, msn, google-something-or-other...) and there are even more programs that support some or all of these systems and more.

I use kopete on Linux occasionally but most of my friends hang out in a web driven (http) chat room, so all I need is a browser.

Paul.<><
N/A

chat programs

MSN Live is pretty good especially as you can send a message to a contact when they are offline for them to receive it when online next.

There's a new thing out now which allows you to do that.
It's called "email".... Cheesy

Although it's not often they are received with plusnet as your server so yeah, you may be right, a chat program would be better.
N/A

chat programs

Microsoft say that there technique for leaving messages for offline users is exactly that - the message is delivered to a hotmail inbox which is checked when the recipient signs in.

Now, here's a good question for you - who would you prefer your email to be with.

Plusnet,
Microsoft,
or
Google ?
_lecro_
Grafter

chat programs

MMMM good point dude,
out of the 3 id prob go for PN but prefer to rely on my own mail mail server for important stuff :lol:
N/A

chat programs

Now, here's a good question for you - who would you prefer your email to be with.

The one I use now .mac :-)