cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing address and boradband help!!

brettking24
Grafter

Hi im about 2 weeks im moving address and want to continue using my plusnet broadband,how long will i be off line from the min i stop my bradband at my current address?

also is there a fee when changing it to another address?

thanks

brett
8 REPLIES
brettking24
Grafter

is this right,i hope not

Ive just checked and it says it want to charge me £40.00.ive got 2 months left on my plusnet contract and then i can finish with them,i might as well continue pay the next 2 months and at the same time start of with a new one at a diff address.

what you guys think

i think a £40 charge is a rip off as ive been with pls net for 2 years!!!
Community Veteran

It is BT charging for the new activation which PN are just passing on. You have the option to defer it for 12 months after which it is written off but payable if you leave plusnet within that time.

If you cancel your broadband you will have to pay the £40 activation fee again anyway with your new ISP. Some do offer similar deferred payment options like PlusNet but you often have to sign up for 12 or more months whereas PN have a monthly contract.

If you do use the move my broadband option, your downtime is dependant on how quickly any broadband cease on your new number takes. If you are luck the new number does not already have broadband in which case you could be down for 7 days. If it does it could take several weeks before you can get it connected, and this delay will apply to ANY ISP, not just PlusNet.
brettking24
Grafter

deleted

deleted
brettking24
Grafter

just had a thought....

so if i stay with plusnet for another 12 months do i not need to pay thehouse move fee>? when i click on "move you adsl" it says £40 charge
Community Veteran

If you have been with PN for more than 12 months, you are already on a monthly contract so can cancel at any time.

You need to give 30 days notice to cancel and this must be done via a ticket.
brettking24
Grafter

thinking about it ...

might be easier and cheaper to stay with plus net,will the 40 pound fee be waved if i stay with plusnet?its still showing under my moving adsl section
Community Veteran

The move fee is deferred for 12 months then cancelled but payable in full if you leave within 12 months.

I've never moved so can't help with what you are seeing or where to select the deferred fee option on moving. I suggest you raise a ticket if no-one replies here.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

You can only have one house move contract on an account at a time, so if you've moved in the previous 12 months then you can't have a second deferred contract until that one's ended.

In that case the only option is to pay the full fee, which as Peter points out is a fee that BT Wholesale charge us for activating the broadband at the new house.