cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change of service notification

N/A

I understand that there are once again changes to the ADSL service (underway/ in effect)

Last time I was clearly NOT notified about this.

Where is the notification this time?
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran

it was in the newsletter, which also contained a link to here, which you may find useful
jabb0
Grafter

have I taken this up correctly?

When i get my speed upgrade to 8Mb - the amount i can download is lowered to a third of what it was before.

ie - BB Premier 2MB - currently 30G peak
then after the upgrade BB premiere option 1 - 10G peak

hopefully im wrong here, but thats how im understanding it.
If this is indeed the case - is there any possibility of staying at 2mb?

cheers
Community Veteran

between 4pm and 12am you can download up 10gig at line speed and then up to 15gig it gradually slows

currently you can download up to 30gig between 8am and 12am, so looking at it that way you are getting a better deal
jabb0
Grafter

sorry but when you say "better deal", are you refering to my current BBP2Mb or the new one coming in?

Basicaly im as confused as hell, i have managed to grasp just about all the changes so far but im beginning to loose it now Sad

I havent been managed yet, so if they do start to manage me once they "upgrade" me, they will sure as hell HEAR me - but im sure that wont hapen Tongue
James
Grafter

Hi Jabb0,

Looking at your usage over the last few months, you don't even come close to 10GB during 4pm-midnight, so I wouldn't be concerned of any potential management.
N/A

opt out

I posted this in both a ticket, and on the forum
how come customer support have time to chat in the forum before answering the support ticket.?
James
Grafter

Because we have a designated Communications Team for responding to forum queries.

The guys on the CSC or Customer Support Centre are responsible for answering calls and tickets.
N/A

Are the Communications Team allowed/able to fix/answer things? that would normally be handled by CSC?

can you at least tell me, how/when i was going to be notified about changes to my account. or was it meant to be sneaked in, like last time.
James
Grafter

I read about 14 forums, 9 newsgroups and 2 IRC chans. I deal with individual queries on them all of the time.

Regarding the lack of notice, the new product spec was highlighted on here, on ADSLGuide and was also referenced in the recent newsletter which was sent to everyone.
N/A

have I taken this up correctly?

When i get my speed upgrade to 8Mb - the amount i can download is lowered to a third of what it was before.

ie - BB Premier 2MB - currently 30G peak
then after the upgrade BB premiere option 1 - 10G peak

hopefully im wrong here, but thats how im understanding it.
If this is indeed the case - is there any possibility of staying at 2mb?

cheers

Just to carry on from James,

You are still able to use 30GB during peak times ( which has been reduced to 4PM till Midnight again ) but itll work a little differently.
If you want to download during peak time you will be affected more seriously as you stand the possibility of having these protocols blocked once you reach 15GB.

On the other hand if you browse the web etc you will see speeds of no less than 512 once managed fully ( after 15 GB usage ).

I will gladly expand and break it all down for you if required.

Regards,
N/A

why should I have to look on ADSLguide for changes to plusnet policies.?

Last time this happened, I complained I never got notification of these.
It seemed many others also didn't get the notification at that time.

I apparently haven't been notified again.

on each occasion, no body has been able to provide a precise mechanism for when + how I was supposedly notified.

"It was on the website - you should have looked" is NOT "notification".
or
"It was on someone elses website " is definitely NOT "notification".

I did read Ian Wilds recent post on potential changes in the pipeline. This was clearly stated as an unofficial preview of what might be on the cards, and by no means official notification of changes to my service.
Community Veteran

you were notified of it in the plusnet newsletter
N/A

try checking your plusnet email account (webbased rather than software, just incase your software is broken)or secondary signup account. Because I received it on both.
Community Veteran

that is unless you have opted out of receiving communications from PN, a copy of the email is also in your tickets in help&support