cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change of package need advice please

N/A

Hello,I am thinking of changing from Premier option 1 to Your way option 3, in doing so what would I lose by this change. Any advice will be much appreciated thanks Pete.
9 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

The UserGroup built a comparison tool a little while ago which should help your decision.

In terms of webspace, domains and such like the BBYW packages offer more than the older products, as seen here.
chrisco
Grafter

Hi Mand,don't mean to highjack the thread but I'm possibly looking to change, on the comparison tool there is a Legacy Premier is that the old Premier Option 1?
Mand
Grafter

Yep. Smiley
chrisco
Grafter

Blimey Mand that was super quick............thanks :shock:
Mand
Grafter

No probs, happy to help. Smiley
N/A

paksge change

Hi Mand, many thanks for the help with the comparisons I think I'll keep my package because of better speeds, cheers pete.
Mand
Grafter

No worries.

The new packages won't suit everyone, which is understandable, and the reason we aren't forcing anyone to change.

Your current package will stay as is until you decide otherwise. Smiley
gswindale
Grafter

Just looked at that and have a little query about external FTP.
On Option3 it is restricted to 512Kb between 4pm & midnight, whilst on the old Premier it is labelled as 10Mb per switch.

Can someone explain what that might mean to me with regards to speeds I can expect?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The 10Mbps per switch means that we allocate 10Mbps of capacity on each gateway to FTP for Premier customers so it depends on how many customers are using FTP at any given time as to the performance you'd see. The more customers the slower speed essentially. As such it's difficult to predict what the speed would be at any given time, it could be 512kbps or it could be 5Mbps depending on how many people there are using FTP.

With BBYW will set the speed on an individual rather than group level. So your speeds wouldn't be reduced if a few more people were using FTP.