cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ccgi FAQ

Walrus
Grafter

ccgi FAQ

I believe ppl activating a new ccgi account should receive an email explaining the specific perculiarities of PN ccgi hosting.

For instance the most faq is related to PHP permission setting, aka 'fixphpperms.sh'. Another contender for this email would be basic mySQL access from the ccgi platform and explaination that the platforms are 'distinct'. Domain setting (i.e. pointing to ccgi) is another.

I'm sure there are plenty of other FAQs you could gleam from the ccgi forum.

Maybe an email on activation and an index.htm dropped into a new ccgi account automatically?
5 REPLIES
N/A

ccgi FAQ

If everyone adds there own FAQ's to this, then once edited the FAQ's and Tutorials team may consider moving them into their forum.
Folks can then continue to append once its in there :?:
Walrus
Grafter

ccgi FAQ

FAQ on the forum is another thing..... that said, no reason why not.

Maybe the idea of the 'ccgi FAQ email/webpage' should be extended to include direction to the forum also. Whilst ppl may activate a ccgi account, they may not frequent these forums.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote removed. Please dont use all of a preceding post as a quote. It serves no purpose.
Walrus
Grafter

ccgi FAQ

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote removed. Please dont use all of a preceding post as a quote. It serves no purpose.

Apologies, I'm used to busy forums, where your reply gets buried fast Wink
batfastad
Grafter

ccgi FAQ

I'd like to see a definitive FAQ anywhere explaining in more detail, the restrictions in place on the new server.

Spent a week or so trying to get .xml files parsed by PHP wondering why it wasn't working - a detailed FAQ would have helped.
There was a FAQ knocking about but it didn't go into many of the issues I needed to know about.
Even just saying, "ok we're now running PHP in CGI mode rather than as an Apache module", I would have known the new limitations on the system.
Though that initial FAQ may have been updated by now.

That was one of the annoying things about the platform upgrade for me, the guess work I had to put in in trying to solve the problems that it created for me.

I'm giving up on the PlusNet cgi platform now, and following what seems to be PlusNet's line...
"you want hosting, go find a dedicated host"

Forum announcements are one thing, but the important details can easily get lost in forums where people just babble on mindlessly :lol:
csogilvie
Grafter

ccgi FAQ

XML parsing does work in PHP, and always has through the web... it now also works at the command line (although, I think it always has - just not XSLT).