cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot isp login password to get my new router onto net

N/A

I have just brought myself a new belkin modem/router (wireless) because my other is broken. I have a big problwm though, i can get into setup ok and i can configure everything right up to my password in the login section, i cannot remember my network login password, user is ok just password.

How can i find what this is, i did save all the info a year ago but cannot find it now.
Thanks
11 REPLIES
pepsi_max2k
Grafter

is it not the same one as you use to log in to these forums?
N/A

I have tried that one matey but it wont work, as i said the first part is ok (username) just darn password, there must be ways to sort this or it means i cannot use the internet from home anymore lol.
Liam
Grafter

Your connection password should be the same. Make sure your Username includes @plusdsl.net or @plus.net (whichever your line uses - probably the former).

This page may help : https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=refresh_browser
pepsi_max2k
Grafter

go to member center > connection settings > connection details and you'll at least know the number of characters in the password. that's got me out of trouble a few times Cool
Community Veteran

Im confused here :? Which password exactly do you mean??
If its the one that you need to match against yourusernam@plusdsl.net then it is exactly the same as the one you use to access these forums.

If its the one to access the Belkin router then just push and hold the reset button at the back and use the default admin one.

Edit :- Wow 3 answers all within a few seconds Smiley
N/A

It is not the one to change settings, this is set at its default which is.
admin

it is the one to allow me access to the net.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Password removed for your security
Community Veteran

No that password doesnt match your username.
However I dont advise you publishing it here as anyone could then log in as you.

Edit:- I suggest you ring Support to get the correct one.
N/A

johnessex sent you PM matey
Community Veteran

Yep I have replied.
The password you sent in the PM is correct so you need to check that other settings are correct as well.

Ie VC mux or PPoA as the encapsulation
VPI 0
VCI 38
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Yep as John says, sounds like something else is wrong.

I'm pretty sure that your PlusNet password for ADSL authentication is always the same for your account (i.e. to log into the portal and post here) - I imagine it was not possible for them to differ.

I would say if you're sure everything is correct then it may not be a problem your end - but since this has started when you replaced your router it would be a bit of a coincidence for a problem to occur now Wink
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The broadband password will be the same as the one to log in to the portal, although the username will be slightly different (normally the format username@plusdsl.net). The CGI and FrontPage passwords can be different but not the broadband.

jimbo12, if you're still having problems, best thing is to contact the support team and they can verify your details for you.