cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot connect

N/A

cannot connect

I'v been unable to connect to the net since yesterday morning.
I try to connect and it just dials for about 2 minutes and then I get a
'cannot establish a connection' message.I've tried to contact customer service but cannot get through.
I'm on Premier option one and my modem is a Binetone asdl 500.
Any help would be much appreciated.
4 REPLIES
N/A

cannot connect

Have you opened a ticket regarding this issue?

This I would suggest to be your very first port of call.

Do you get a sync on the modem at all ? ( Solid green light for sync )
Have you tried alternative equipment ( a neighbours modem or router perhaps ( although not ideal or likely to be a normal thing to ask ).

As with regards to the phone system, it has ben upgraded and as such Plusnet have decided to not allow people to join queues if longer than 30 minutes. Unfortunately there is no ring back or no way of knowing when exactly it may be less busy and so constant redials are required on your part.

I would definately say though that towards the later part of the evening towards this time it should settle down a lot and you should get put right through.
Regards,
N/A

cannot connect

I heard somewhere that 7am is the quietest time to call. Don't know if its true or not, but at the minute with the max 30min queue time, it might be worth a go. (I can only guess that this is the time that a lot of CS staff start the early day shift - so the queue drops significantly)
G0DUB
Dabbler

cannot connect

What speed is your modem trying to connect at ? I too have not been able to connect since yesterday but is appears to be a result of moving to maxDSL. Whilst my line was only supposed to be able to support 3MB the system has started at 8MB and is v-e-r-y slowly retraining down to what I hope will be a speed which it will work at. Have a look at the stable rate page referred to elsewhere as well to see if you have been 'maxed'.

Meanwhile my router keeps trying to connect, failing to train and disconnecting. I haven't got near to actually logging into plusnet for 24 hours now :-(

Greg
N/A

cannot connect

I've just checked my emails since not being able to connect yesterday morning and plusnet have informed me that they have moved me
on to a LLU connection without my knowledge and consent. I've been with Plusnet for around 3 and half years and have never had any connection problems until yesterday morning. My connection problems sounds suspiously like a previous thread I have just read http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42875 and l'm not to hopful. My modem is a Binetone 500 and i'm on Premier option 1