cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling service question

N/A

I moved house last week.

There's no bt line so I need to cancel service. ntl has a modem in house already, so I am going to give them a go for a while. But may come back to plusnet if i have a bt line put in.i have been fairly happy with them over the years.

What is best method to do this?

I don't suppose I can call someone to cancel and get a mac code??

Do I request a mac code and then cancel or vice versa or?

My bt line is dead at the old house now and I have just paid my sub a week ago, what should happen next?

Any advice really appreciated.

Thanks
7 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

If you're going over to cable you don't need a MAC code, you will just need to cancel your account. You do this by raising a ticket from the Help and Support section of the site, and then we will take it from there for you.
N/A

further questions

Thanks but...

What if ntl is no good for me and i want to return to an adsl service? Would it be sensible to get one for 6 months down the line?
grimme
Grafter

Hi,

AFAIK, when an NTL service is activated for a new customer (even though the equipment may still be in place) you are tied into a 12 month contract for that service.

I'd check NTL's T&C's before you sign up in case they won't let you out after you've tried it for 6 months!
N/A

I think a MAC is only valid for 30 days or so.
Mand
Grafter

Hi

MAC's are only valid for 30 days, and IIRC NTL do have a minimum 12 month contract term.

Should you wish to move back from NTL you will need a BT line, and will need to start a new signup at that point.
N/A

A MAC is only used for transferring an existing service on one line to a new providot.

Since you have moved, I can see no way that a MAC could be useful to you in any scenario.

You have three options.

Have your PN service transferred to a new BT line in your new home.

Cancel your PN account, and start a new one with a new supplier via a new BT line in your new home.

If you think you may come back to PN in the future, you should request that your account be downgraded to a dial-up only account. Then make sure you check your mails at least once in any three month period. Your account will remain active, and you could upgrade it again to an ADSL account further in the future.

As already mentioned though, watch out for 12mth contracts whomever you go with. They tend to be pretty expensive to terminate early!
N/A

Thanks again for all advice. Will termiate service and not bother with MAC code.