cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancellation

N/A

cancellation

Hi Guys
Well as some of you guys in support may know I have had loads of problems with connecting via 0808 numbers. Well I have just had another heated discussion with BT and have now officially given in.
Sorry to say that I will have to cancel my account so how do I go about it.
Cheers
David
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: cancellation

Whats been the problem? you might find it's your hardware more than BT - I have never had any major prolems, and on ISDN it always works. R U isdn or modem and what make and model. I've used loads of them, might be able to help.

Jim Bray
N/A

> Hi Guys
> Well as some of you guys in support may know I have had loads of problems with connecting via 0808 numbers. Well I have just had another heated discussion with BT and have now officially given in.
> Sorry to say that I will have to cancel my account so how do I go about it.

Hi David,

I am looking at your account now. I will investigate and then come back to you for an update.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant...........for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

N/A

> Hi David,
>
> I am looking at your account now. I will investigate and then come back to you for an update.
>

Hello again David,

As we discussed today, we are not able to do anything about poor line quality. This is something only BT's ISDN helpdesk can help you with. I know you have not had much (any) joy with them so far.

Please feel free to email me directly (dscarpa@plus.net.uk) if you feel I can help you any further.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant...........for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

David,
Don't know your exact situation but you must be mad to leave the only isp that cares! I had the same problem as you before Xmas for approx 3 months so I know how frustrated you're feeling right now. I changed to a Home Highway line and Bingo, no more noisy lines, line drops, intermittent connections etc. Is this a possibility for you or how about an NTL line and an 0845 dial up. May not be the cheapest but at least you know the level of customer service you're going to get. Stick with plusnet if you can, you know it makes sense!
Regards,
Mark Henderson.
--
Regards,
Mark Henderson.
(thetop)
www.sussexbridalcars.co.uk
N/A

Unfotunately I have no choice but to move on. Last night I signed up to an ISP offering Surftime and managed to stay connected for 4.5 hours. The problem is only with 0808 numbers as 0845, 0800, 0844 all work fine. BT stated that they only guarantee a voice line and internet connection but can not guarantee a stable connection, they blame the ISP unless it is with BTi. My hardware should be ok as I have only just upgraded the case, motherboard, cpu, memory, h/d and ISDN card and the problem still continues.
Have had problems from day one with BT, when I moved into my house paid for a phone line to be installed BT hit a problem. As it was a new area they realised that they had forgotten to lay any lines.
Hopefully later this year I will be moving home so I will look for a house that has ADSL (will buy the wife a house with a big kitchen to keep her happy) and then hopefully I will come back to Plusnet as an ADSL customer.
Thanks to all the guys in support and everyone else that has tried to help out and I would recommend Plusnet in the future but for now I have to go elsewhere.
Cheers
David
N/A

> Unfotunately I have no choice but to move on. Last night I signed up to an ISP offering Surftime and managed to stay connected for 4.5 hours. The problem is only with 0808 numbers as 0845, 0800, 0844 all work fine. BT stated that they only guarantee a voice line and internet connection but can not guarantee a stable connection, they blame the ISP unless it is with BTi. My hardware should be ok as I have only just upgraded the case, motherboard, cpu, memory, h/d and ISDN card and the problem still continues.
> Have had problems from day one with BT, when I moved into my house paid for a phone line to be installed BT hit a problem. As it was a new area they realised that they had forgotten to lay any lines.
> Hopefully later this year I will be moving home so I will look for a house that has ADSL (will buy the wife a house with a big kitchen to keep her happy) and then hopefully I will come back to Plusnet as an ADSL customer.
> Thanks to all the guys in support and everyone else that has tried to help out and I would recommend Plusnet in the future but for now I have to go elsewhere.
> Cheers
> David

David,

Sorry you feel it's come to this. I'm looking into your issue now to see if anything further can be done in respect to us pursuing BT. You should be receiving a call later regarding the cancellation request.

Thanks for the words of praise, we will look forward to having you as an ADSL customer in the future.

Regards,
Robert

| Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------

N/A

Hi Robert
Just noticed on my ticket that I owe you guys for the domain name. How much do I have to pay you and does this mean that I own it?
I used to have another domain name with you but didnt pay for that one, do I have to pay if I want to take them with me?
Thanks
David
N/A

> Hi Robert
> Just noticed on my ticket that I owe you guys for the domain name. How much do I have to pay you and does this mean that I own it?
> I used to have another domain name with you but didnt pay for that one, do I have to pay if I want to take them with me?
> Thanks
> David
>
David,

As the account is still within it's first year the free domain will be subject to our usual charges of £52.88. After which the domain is yours to keep and you are free to do with it as you please. Any other domains are not liable for any transfer out fees.

Regards,
Robert

| Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------