cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancellation fee after 12 months

N/A

I gave notice to plusnet to cancel my adsl. I have been with adsl past the 12 months of the inital contract. Plusnet tell me they have invoiced me an £8.99 cancellation fee. There is nowhere in their terms that allows for this that i can find. Please note that specifically called this a cancellation fee not an administarive charge. Anyone know if this is stated anywhere in their terms?
6 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

This is a pro-rata payment from the end of your current paid period until the cancellation date. I have added a response to your ticket confirming this.
hitachi
Grafter

That's a welcome move, how long has it been a pro rata payment rather than charge another full month?
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

We have always cancelled with a strict 30 day notice if customers requested it. However, since last week we have a new cancellation tool, which automatically bills a pro-rata payment upto the cancellation date and places a cease on the line automatically.

More info here Smiley
James
Grafter

It's all part of the all new, all singing, all dancing, XML Cease tool implemented at the end of last week.

I think I should say all again.

All.
N/A

i was stunned. A ticket answered within an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice to see!

I would just say its misleading then calling it a cancellation charge. Thats what made me wonder why it had been levied. Buts is just the adjustment. Thanks for clearing that up.
N/A

This kind of answers...

Answers and support like this (straight-short-promp-to-the-point answers) is that made PlusNet so good a few months ago.

Shame about the LLU... I am also counting the day until I give up with PlusNet... So far I have cancelled the order that I had with HomePhone...