cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can this be explained

N/A

can this be explained

i set my transfers to start at midnight then come to the pc at 6 in the morning to find i have been disconnected and cant reconnect allmost every night. which requires me to reboot the modem then kick off the transfer at 6 in the morning and hope its finished by the magical 4pm.

this must be the fabled "shaping of the network" where as they see your having fun and kick you off Evil
8 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

can this be explained

Do you loose sync when you are disconnected? Can you find your line stats? Is this every night? Is it exactly the same time each time?

Phil
Alecto
Grafter

Re: can this be explained

the magical 4pm.

But remember that until some unspecified time in February, the off-peak time for P2P is midnight to 8 am only. Your transfers after 8am will eat into your 20Gb clean peaktime allowance.
N/A

can this be explained

dont have line stats, unfortunatly and it happens at random times but mainly between midnight and 8 am, checked that no other progs run to stop it form workin aswell . this only started happening since i lost my net for 2 weeks about 2 months ago, somthing i was never refunded for either.

didnt know about that 8-4 pm thou, all though im leaving pn soon to go to bethere so not really concerned about warning emails as i dont dl that much anyway from haome as i have a unlimited work connection from easynet which far outperforms pn in every single aspect from support to reliability. after looking at the fair usage policy thou it still says " Peak-time is 4pm - 12am (midnight). Peak-times and bandwidth values will change over time as usage patterns change." and on 2 mb premier i get 30gig peak time traffic? and i dont have any emails chaning this as i can see in my web mail inbox
jagger
Grafter

can this be explained

could be your USB modem.

check out this post about a similar problem.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38169
N/A

can this be explained

modem isnt usb thou pal, straight into lan port on back of the pc.

but it could be hardware i supose, just seems wierd its happening since the outage on my line a few months back
N/A

can this be explained

What connection do you have? Some accounts have idle timeouts.
N/A

can this be explained

I was experiancing similar disconnections always at night when I was asleep, never during the day. The most annoying thing was that the auto reconnect did not work as the PC needed to be rebooted each time to be able to connect again. I was loosing hours of download time as a result.
N/A

can this be explained

molszewski exactly the same as me

im on 2mb premier package dont see anything about time outs on that anywhere