cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't connect to FTP

N/A

can't connect to FTP

i can connect to my plusnet FTP site no problems.

I have webspace with another ISP with whom i have 2 domains registered. For some reason i cannot connect to the FTP server at all. i've tried filezilla, IE and getright with no luck. they all send off the request to the server but gets nothing back.

i asked a friend who is with Zen to try to log on and he can no problems so it's not a problem with the isp hosting the webspace.

any suggestions? (hope i made clear what the problem is Smiley )
11 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

can't connect to FTP

Hi,

It looks like you've hit the usage allowance for your account, details are here:

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/bb_plus.shtml

You might want to look at upgrading to Broadband Your Way Option 2 which may be more suitable for your usage, details are here:

http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/?resindex=tab_broadband
N/A

can't connect to FTP

so my FTP useage is cut off but i can still browse and stuff?

seems a bit daft!

I've found the useage counter but i can't figure out what i get each month Sad can you shed any light on that?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

can't connect to FTP

Yeah, if you hit the allowance then we block P2P, usenet and FTP and reduce the speeds of everything else. The account you have at the moment has an allowance of 4GB per month which is counted between the hours of 4pm and midnight. Usage outside of these hours isn't counted towards your allowance.
N/A

can't connect to FTP

I'm trying to upload my web pages but keep getting timed out.

Is there a problem or should I persevere?
Community Veteran

can't connect to FTP

for www try ftp2.plus.net

For both try passive or active mode FTP connections. All FTP clients should allow you to specify it.

Also try rebooting your router & PC in case any firewall or A/V software has gone funny.
N/A

can't connect to FTP

Thanks for reply, I'm getting an error message saying I do not have permission to add files to server.

I can see my remote folders so I know my password and username are correct.

What now?
Community Veteran

can't connect to FTP

Is this to your www or ccgi webspace?
N/A

can't connect to FTP

N/A

can't connect to FTP

trying to upload web pages to htdocs
N/A

can't connect to FTP

Having trouble logging in to my ccgi via ftp too.

This does not help me much

530 sorry, you may not connect more times

Maybe be I been locked out for connecting and reconnecting more than I supposed too? If so, is there a time limit before I can log back in

Thanks
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

can't connect to FTP

This error should appear if your FTP client attempts to connect with more than 6 threads at once. There should be an option in the settings of your client to alter this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team