cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't access certain websites. Plus.net blocking them maybe?

N/A

Anybody know why I can't access certain website with my plus.net connection but I can if I go through an online Proxy Host.

example http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/index.php
doesn't seem accessable at the moment and is very often not there, just like the website doesn't excist but everytime I get the error I quickly go thru an online proxy host and the website is always there 100% of the time.

that site is just one example, there are around 6 or 7 different websites that I can't access thru plus.net

Anybody have any idea's..

thanks
11 REPLIES
N/A

works for me
N/A

I can access that website fine at the moment.
N/A

Thanks very much for the quick replies..
I still can't access it.. Very strange, I will have to dig deeper this end..

Thanks again
suec45
Grafter

Works for me too
N/A

Works for me too.

Just a thought, but are you using dial-up by any chance? The site is rather heavy with banner-ads. The banner adserver software I use (Max Media Manager) warns that certain configs of the delivery code will result in the page not displaying until the advert graphics have been downloaded. I could visualise a situation where the page might time-out in that case if the graphics were large and your connection slow. Long-shot though.
N/A

Try flushing your DNS cache. The command (presuming you are using XP) is:

ipconfig /flushdns

Worth a try..
N/A

For some reason i can't access any web pages but i access these forums and my connection says connected :? what's going on Evil
N/A

Thanks all but still can't access it direct.
I am on Broadband so dial up doesn't effect me.
I also tried connecting from a different pc (well 2 actually)
connected to my router, 1 wirelessly and 1 wired and they also can't connect to that site.
I have rebooted my router a couple of times, flushed the dns, cleared cookies, deleted temp internet files and still can't connect..
I also installed Maxthon browser just incase it was IE 6 causing the problems but still No Go.. All very Strange. just seems very weird that I can connect thru an online Proxy host, its just like my ip address is being blocked. I emailed one of the board admins and he says they don't block ip's...

Thanks again for the help.
If I suss it i will let you know..
N/A

Mine seems to be ok now after a few restarts but i wish i knew what was causing it.
N/A

All Seems Ok now, apparently the forum servers have been under dos attacks today and a bunch of ip address's got blocked in the process...

thanks again
Craigiusmaximus
Grafter

Works ok for me too at the moment.