cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can someone help please

truvoice
Grafter

can someone help please

Ive been experiencing very slow speeds for about a week now. I contacted plusnet by raising a ticket, they said this:

Dear Ms Oladunjoye,
Management Restrictions (38010) - UPDATE
This is an update to the previously reported problem affecting Traffic Management Restrictions. A copy of the last post can be seen here:-
http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1164796341.htm

Unfortunately a number of customers remain on a restricted profile. These customers were all billed 28/11/2006.

We believe that there may be a number of unidentified users suffering from a similar problem and are currently in the process of running a query to identify these. Once we are sure that all the affected users have been captured we will run a script to restore customers' profiles.

We would like to thank those affected by this problem for their continued patience.

Regards,
Kevin Scott

This fault was fixed on 30th November but my speeds still remain the same. Plusnet have said my speed hasn't been restricted so why is my speed so slow.

Here are the results of a speedtest from broadbandmax.co.uk:
Last Result:
Download Speed: 129 kbps (16.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 58 kbps (7.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Can any plusnet staff that are on this forum please help out.
Thanks

I also tried phoning customer service but it took too long and the music that was playing was doing my head in.
3 REPLIES
truvoice
Grafter

can someone help please

Let me also add that I am 430 metres away from my exchange. I am on the broadband premier 'up to 8mb' product, my router says my downstream should be 8160kb and the upstream should be 512kb. And normally I can get very high download speed between 700kb and 800kb.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

can someone help please

Have you disconnected/reconnected since it was fixed?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
truvoice
Grafter

can someone help please

yeh, i did about 5 times