cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can anyone play pool at yahoo anymore?

Gorvul
Grafter

how do I ask a question? apart from these forums...

I want to find out why I can no longer play pool at yahoo games, nor can I play pente live at www.pente.org.

If anyone out there plays pool at yahoo games.. or much more unlikely, plays pente at pente.org - if anyone is able to do either or both of these things without any problem or lag (extreme and unbearable lag!!!!) please let me know.

or, if anyone from Plusnet team can tell me why I can no longer play at these sites I'd like to know why this is, and if they will re-enable .....
21 REPLIES
N/A

Hmm.

I can load the pool main screen, but attempting to connect to the game server results in an error. Someone i had on MSN tried and CAN get in to the same lobby/game so......
csogilvie
Grafter

What ISP was your MSN contact on (given the first post, this seems to be vital information)?
Gorvul
Grafter

anyone else able to actually play pool at yahoo? or know how I can contact PN about this without having to answer about 20 questions about routers and undergo tests etc etc etc etc etc.

anyone know the best link to ask plusnet this question (as to why I can no longer play pool at yahoo, or pente in real time at www.pente.org)

If anyone can play at these sites without problems, can you please let me know.

and if anyone from plusnet is here, can you investigate this for me please.
N/A

Just tried yahoo pool and it works fine. I'm with Newnet, left PN a few weeks ago.
Gorvul
Grafter

aw man, that ain't no bleedin help to me, now is it? What are you doing? braggin' or something?

Are there any people here who are customers of PlusNet who can play pool at yahoo?

Why do I have to be so damned specific?
Gorvul
Grafter

Just tried yahoo pool and it works fine. I'm with Newnet, left PN a few weeks ago.

From the way I'm thinking now, i.e. in hindsight, I take back my previous comment. I now realise that in order to get a decent broadband service I will probably have to leave plusnet. Trouble is, as I've said in a different thread, it'll cost me nearly £70 to leave PN, even though I've been here over a year.

I'll have a look at newnet to see if it's worth deserting this ship for another.

still, the question goes out to anyone reading this, - can anyone (plusnetters) play pool at yahoo, or get the applet to load at pente.org? (you have to be a member at both sites to get these things done)

or has anyone had similar problems?
I managed to raise a tticket with plusnet 2 days ago - no response at all from them yet, even though I got a message saying the response time was 10 hours....
(it takes a lot of restraint for me not to swear a hell of a lot at this point...)

yadda yadda yadda - what's the bloody pointHuh

I should just forfeit the £70 and try to find a provider of internet "service" elsewhere.
Dean
Grafter

still, the question goes out to anyone reading this, - can anyone (plusnetters) play pool at yahoo, or get the applet to load at pente.org? (you have to be a member at both sites to get these things done)

No I can't get pool to work. The applet keeps on failing to load. I have the java Runtime installed - but still no luck.

Did you have this working recently / ever?

Dean
N/A

I can get the applet to load, but once I get that far it just hangs on connection to server and then shows me - "Your request to log in to Yahoo! Games was denied because we were unable to authenticate your user id."

and there is nothing wrong with my id or password because they work perfectly fine on the yahoo web site.
Gorvul
Grafter

No I can't get pool to work. The applet keeps on failing to load. I have the java Runtime installed - but still no luck.

Did you have this working recently / ever?

Dean

thank you Dean for answering.
yes, it used to work. I can say it worked within the last couple of months (yahoo pool). the pente site, which is suffering the same as yahoo pool, I would have played there within the last month or two also - maybe about a month ago, but I can't state for certain right now. I could possibly find out exactly when I last played there, but take it from me, this is a relatively recent thing/issue/problem.
I have a feeling (only a feeling - {I have no idea really}) it coincides with the elloycolla situation. but ... I could be wrong.

thanks chrisofcov for your feedback too, it is much appreciated. I get halfway to nowhere with yahoo pool too, before I give up.
N/A

I managed to get on about an hour ago and have a quick game, but the lag made it pointless, so I gave up and left.
Gorvul
Grafter

I used to be able to use both sites properly when I had a dial up connection.
I am wondering if LLU and these ellocoya and various protocols being throttled has something to do with making these sites unusable.
more feedback appreciated...

I raised a question, and the guy who answered it said it worked for him from his home connection, and suggested it was my browser. I haven't changed any browser settings and it won't work for me in Firefox or IE.
I usually only use Firefox. I don't believe it's my browser.
Gorvul
Grafter

ok, update, I justed tested both sites and they seem to work for me again. Very very mysterious!

I hope this continues... proper connection stability is kinda important don't ya think?
Gorvul
Grafter

another update. Yesterday and today I couldn't connect to the sites mentioned.
SO, now it seems even surfing the web and using what should be top priority stuff, is being restricted to the point where it can't be used.

Plusnet are useless. Is there a way of me leaving without paying the £67 to leave?

I really fancy a change now. They've been really awful for months and seem to be going from bad to worse, when I was thinking they were going to get better.
danep
Grafter

Seemed t owork okay for me. Had to install the Yahoo activex applet and it all works. Try clearing your activeX applett and let it reload.

Regards
Danep
PN customer waiting for my wad of cash when BT take over..