cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can anyone here help quicker than plusnet??

N/A

Ok

I put in a support ticket yesterday and im bored of waiting, seen as how it told me it takes on average 8 hours 27 minutes or somthing to reply to a ticket.
any ways any help would be appreciated

Hi

I am currently a Broadband Plus customer and have several queries regarding the service.

1) When is peak time, I have found several references to different times and I want a definitive answer.

2) What can I actually do during peak time, can I download upgrades for windows/linux use direct downloads on HTTP?

3) What benefits would I receive if I were to upgrade to premier?

4) Is it possible to transfer from BBplus to a business package as I run a small e-business from home, what limitations are associated with this type of package i.e. download limits.

5) If I were to cancel my broadband package due to these limitations what costs would I incur?

With thanks

Chris

basicly i wanna know if i leave how much will i have to pay, i dont much care about the other stuff any more.
27 REPLIES
Community Veteran

1) When is peak time, I have found several references to different times and I want a definitive answer.

Peak time is currently 8am till midnight from March it will 4pm till midnight

2) What can I actually do during peak time, can I download upgrades for windows/linux use direct downloads on HTTP?

Yes you can

30:1 contention ratio, better speeds on P2P

4) Is it possible to transfer from BBplus to a business package as I run a small e-business from home, what limitations are associated with this type of package i.e. download limits.

I am not sure on this one, you can't do it on the upgrade panel however you I am sure somebody else will have an answer

5) If I were to cancel my broadband package due to these limitations what costs would I incur?

are you on a monthly or annual contract and did you choose deffered activation fees?.

Edited to fix quote
N/A

Yes it would be possible and advisable. You are not permitted to run a business on a residential account.

The upside of this is that the business accounts are not subject to the SUP or clean to allowances. They are however goverened by the undefined AUP and the T&C's

Heavy or sustained P2P or usenet activity on a business account will be investigated by Plus Net.
N/A

how hard was thatHuh 8 minutes fantastic cheers

im on a years contract paying monthly, defered activation, but dont remeber actually being given the option?

so looks like if i leave ill get royally screwed for a service i dont want and that dosnt give me what i need.

is there not a get out clause if your under managment that theyll let you go fir cheaper??

chris

No problem, we’ll take care of it. All we ask is that you stay with us! Let’s face it, with a service as good as this, why would you leave?

cant help but laugh
N/A

Moving to another product within Plusnet shouldn't cause you to be negatively affected by the deferred activation fee. I could be wrong tho Smiley

Also the 30:1 contention stated is pretty useless, that's apparent contention within plusnets network, not on BT's network and things aren't really goverend by contention now it seems. The biggest differences with Premier are probably the increased bandwidth allowances (including clean allowance), reduced restrictions on P2P/Usenet, along with the bundled extras like a static ip, improved web and email services etc covered here

And ass pcsni says, if you're running a small business on the connection you should really be on a business product.
tcs2000
Grafter

Peak time is currently 8am till midnight from March it will 4pm till midnight

Yes you can

30:1 contention ratio, better speeds on P2P

I am not sure on this one, you can't do it on the upgrade panel however you I am sure somebody else will have an answer

are you on a monthly or annual contract and did you choose deffered activation fees?.

Edited to fix quote

I'd like to know who told you that Peak Time on BB+ will be 4pm-Midnight from March.
A Plusnet rep on here has already told me that it won't be changing and will remain at 8am-Midnight!!
N/A

Just to say its actualy a 50:1 not a 30:1 as BT contend everyone to 50:1 (its 30:1 within the pn network.. big deal)

wasnt peektime supposed to change at the END of january?
tcs2000
Grafter

TBH I'm getting a bit fed up with not getting correct information from Plusnet.
It seems that someone gets told one thing and then another person gets told something different. Evil
I was under the impression that Peak Time was changing to 4pm -Midnight as well but then got told it wasn't changing.
That was one of the main reasons for staying with Plusnet but their CS are just a shambles now.
N/A

Yeh, there's been some confusion over when the peak-time period for Plus and Premier will change and which products will change. The final word on it (for now) is that peak time for both products will be moving to 4pm-midnight during March. This was apparently what was always intended and is covered in this sticky from a couple of days ago.
Community Veteran

apologies I did forget to put in that 30:1 contention is only within the PN network, didn't proof read! Sorry Shockedops:

with regards to the change in peak time it does look like it is now set in stone to change to 4-midnight

During March, with further automation we will be able to change back to a 4pm to Midnight ‘peak’ period network management profile for Plus and Premier customers.
N/A

is there not a get out clause if your under managment that theyll let you go fir cheaper??

Says here the remaining yearly fees would be waived if you broke the 5Gb limit and were unhappy: -

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37901
tcs2000
Grafter

I'm not holding my breath on it though as only last week a Plusnet rep categorically said that the BB+ account wouldn't be changing to 4pm -Midnight.
Who knows what next week will bring?
It's just getting stupid.Things change every week now!!
N/A

I am very unhappy and i managed to kill the 5 gig limit in the first 2 days of my new month, even though i scheduled my big downloads for after midnightHuh true Ive been messing with windows updates and linux updates for the past few days but really, cant believe that keeping your computer up to date is in there its something that has to be done!!!

I don't wont an other package any more i want demon!! its what i wanted in the first place should have stuck with my initial reaction, my friend is on it and has no probs

chris
Community Veteran

yes it was a mistake or not so much a mistake more a misunderstanding, looks like its only been decided in the last few days that Plus will cyhange to the 4-midnight peak time see some of the many posts about it this Linky
N/A

I don't wont an other package any more i want demon!! its what i wanted in the first place should have stuck with my initial reaction, my friend is on it and has no probs

No offence, but you seem to be expecting a lot out of a 14.99 package and unfairly comparing it with more expensive packages. Demon only have packages which are more expensive, so obviously have higher limits. I'm on a Premier package which is more in line with those offered by Demon (price wise) and have never hit any of the imposed limits.

That said, no package would get you away form the current state of confusion for customers.