cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I change forum tag

Community Veteran

can I change forum tag

Could someone please tell me how I go about changing the amcclean that comes up as my forum tag. It's not the best method of staying relatively out of the way spam etc.

There does not appear to be any option in profile where I can change my name.

The current one leaves it open to anyone to abuse. If I could change it I would be very greatful.

A
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

can I change forum tag

Unfortunately you can't....
Community Veteran

can I change forum tag

I'm afraid you can't change it, as it's tied in to your portal login, which uses your PN username. However because of this - the fact you have to log in as a PN customer (or using the restricted "guest" user) to use the forums - you're reasonably safe from spam. You could however, if you really wanted to, sign up for a free PAYG dialup account with whatever username you wanted, and I'm sure one of the mods would be happy to give that login full posting rights in here.

Thomas
Community Veteran

can I change forum tag

Actually, I've just been told that the mods can no longer modify the permissions on forum accounts - sorry for possibly sending you barking up the wrong tree. Apparently the database broke since I was last a mod here. :lol:

Thomas
Community Veteran

can I change forum tag

Cheers,

A
Community Veteran

can I change forum tag

Another way is to use the "Included Domain" option and that will allow you to pick a domain name of your choice (provided its not already taken).
You can then use this domain for emails etc and have anything sent to your username dumped in the "Black Hole"
Community Veteran

can I change forum tag

You can then use this domain for emails etc and have anything sent to your username dumped in the "Black Hole"

Except the postmaster address which if you do get CS to dump all emails to your plusnet name mailboxes, you must setup a named mailbox called postmaster and still monitor it. as that is how PN can communicate with you.
Community Veteran

can I change forum tag

A good point Peter that I had omitted to mention.

It's quite amazing though that the postmaster address seems to attract no spam at all :? but any other mailbox I have set on my account starts to collect it by the bucket load after a few months. Sad
N/A

can I change forum tag

Except the postmaster address which if you do get CS to dump all emails to your plusnet name mailboxes...

That confused me to start with and still does to a degree. For example, I followed the advice that John posted prior to your post. I then opened a post address and named it postmaster. This, of course put me back to square one.

I then deleted one email address from my list; posts from that deleted address still get through using the postmaster address! I'm utterly confused about it all: very amusing though. :lol: