cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

caller display interference with broadband.

N/A

Ive have the caller display service with BT. When my broadband is connected and i recieve a landline call on my BT line, my caller display wont show the callers identity. I originally thought it was a problem with the caller display device, but i noticed the problem only occured when my broadband was connected. I read in a magazine that broadband can interfere with caller display. But it didnt show a solution.

Im using bb/filters on all telephone ports in the house.

Does anyone know of this problem, has it themselves or knows a solution?
4 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

My caller display seems to work fine. I would think it would be a microfilter problem if it only happens with the BB is connected.

What Microfilters are you using? A couple of members recommend some good, more expensive ones, but I don't have the links to hand.
N/A

Community Veteran

Caller displays can be very tempremental when on a line that is ADSL enabled.
I have two here. One on a CTT 1000 phone that only displays if I have my router turned OFF and a cheap one that came as a freeby from BT when I first got caller display.
The cheepo BT one works all the time with no problems.

I have tried different high quality filters and that still doesn't get the CCT 1000 one working if the router is one
N/A

The filters im using are by a company called > www.excelsus-tech.com

I can still recieve call with my disruption, but the number wont display.

I mite hav to test it further, but jus wana know if anyone has come accross a similar problem or knows som1 that has and how they resolved it.