Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bt engineers :)

timps
Grafter

Hi mortarion
i've recently moved house and now on the littleboro exchange. took me ages to get connected here . i am now on 8mb. consistently, i become very unstable and lose connections every 10/15 mins once midnight has passed ...reported fault through broadband fault checker 3-00 am this morning. at 12-30 pm today ... couldn't connect .gues this was coincidentally, unfortunate timing again.
have you had any similar probs ? losing connection in the early hours of the morning

timps
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: bt engineers :)

losing connection in the early hours of the morning

Search the forum for MaxDSL and in the first few days your new connection will be unstable ... if after 10 days of this, you can then start getting at PN/BT to do something.

Loosing connections late night, 11PM to 3AM, is not unusual.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
timps
Grafter

every night ? every 10 mins ish ? why ?

timps
Community Veteran

Some kind of electrical noise on your phone line that is more prevalent at that time of day.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

This has to do with the way that the variable speed part of MaxDSL works, the system takes up to 10 days to attempt to identify the best speed your line should run at in order to become more stable yet still at the highest speed, known as the Maximum Stable Rate, during this time the line can be a bit unstable and have issues, this indicates the system currently has your line running too fast and it should slow it down to a more stable speed before the end of the first 10 days.
timps
Grafter

how can that be checked ?

timps