cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

browsing problems

crimsone
Grafter

browsing problems

Please say it's not just me - this morning I keep getting that darned BTWholesale page when I visit certain websites - actually, it seems to be about 50% of them. The only sites I've been able to consistantly access are techspot.com, net-weather.co.uk, and https://portal.plus.net (http://portal.plus.net is intermittent.)

It's not a constant thing. One moment I can access a certain site, then a little while later I get the BT wholesale page on that site, whereas some sites I could't access before I'm able to access later.

This has happened 3 times this year so far, and always seems to start happening overnight and into the morning - I've not really experienced such problems in the afternoon.
5 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

browsing problems

It may be a carryover from the maintenance they did which finished between 7 and 8 am. today.

The email saying it had finished said that if you're still getting the BT Wholesale page, to turn off your /modem router for 20 mins and reconnect.

Why 20 mins I've no idea, but it might be an idea to reboot .
Ben_Brown
Grafter

browsing problems

It would also be worth flushing your DNS cache, in windows XP/2000 do "ipconfig /flushdns" at a command prompt.
crimsone
Grafter

browsing problems

heh - i didn't get that important email, because I don't wish to recieve promotional offers/advertisements from PN - but that's a whole different argument.

Do I need a full router reboot to flush the NAT tables, or should an adsl reboot suffice? Just for future knowledge that is.

I'll flush my DNS cache now (might as well just "repair" the connection and flush the ARP cache while I'm at it Smiley)

Edit - Rebooted router, which refreshed the connection in XP, and flushed the DNS cache just to be sure - still got the problem - only now it's happening with google.co.uk
N/A

browsing problems

Have been getting the wholesale page on and off from this morning to present. Have rebooted router a few times, keep thinking its gone away and then I get the wholesale page again!
Community Veteran

browsing problems

I got the btw page last night but not had it since