cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband premier 30.1?

N/A

broadband premier 30.1?

i have had an email telling me that i was on a 20.1 contention ratio and now im being moved to a 50.1 ratio but broadband premier is supposed to be 30,1 isnt it?Huh
13 REPLIES
N/A

broadband premier 30.1?

it is about the bt contention rate and not plusnets. from what i can tell we have been on a 20:1 contention ratio and now they are changing it to the 50:1 ratio it should be. we are still on the 30:1 contention ratio on plusnets network as always.
N/A

broadband premier 30.1?

so it will go to 50.1 then?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

broadband premier 30.1?

Hi there,

Your BT contention will be 50:1, and your Plusnet contention will remain at 30:1.
N/A

broadband premier 30.1?

ah what? premier accounts being moved to 50:1 BT contention?
N/A

broadband premier 30.1?

No, they (unless you where on the BT 20:1 contention) have always been contended 50:1 on the BT network. It is only when you get into the PN network that this drops down to 30:1.

(TBH, I think PN should just quote the BT contention as that's going to be the biggest effect on contention)
N/A

broadband premier 30.1?

I was under the impression that my premier account was contented 20:1 by BT at my exchange and 30:1 by +net.

As it stands I'm getting awfull contention issues with BT's network! Now if my line is moved to 50:1 at BT's end, it's gonna get a hell of a lot worse!
Ben_Brown
Grafter

broadband premier 30.1?

Premier accounts are 50:1 at the BT exchange and 30:1 on our network. There were a few 2MB connections that were originally placed on 20:1 as the 2MB 50:1 product didn't exist at that time, although the product has always been advertised as being 50:1 at the BT exchange.
N/A

broadband premier 30.1?

phew!!!

But the business products have a BT contention ratio of 20:1?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

broadband premier 30.1?

The Business accounts are 20:1 at the exchange, Small Business and Teleworker are 50:1.
N/A

broadband premier 30.1?

just thinking out loud......

what's the chance of swapping product to the business account, to see if that solves/helps my problems? I know it costs more, but that's not really an issue. Could I swap back if it doesn't help?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

broadband premier 30.1?

Hi,

You could switch to a business account, but they have a 12 month contract so you wouldn't be able to switch straight back.
N/A

broadband premier 30.1?

Drewy: If you're having problems with contention at the exchange end check the VP status for your exchange. If it's red then until BT add more circuits it won't be any (much) better
N/A

broadband premier 30.1?

solstans,

My problem is that BT aren't aware of any problem with the exchange and +net won't log a fault with BT until my connection gets worse!

So I'm stuck with a connection problem, but because it's not enough of a problem no one is willing or able to help. Apparently 300-400kbits is totally acceptable for a 2meg adsl connection. Now tobe fair to Plusnet they are saying that BT will simple not log any problem with a line unless it's on average slower than 400k.

I think the situation stinks! But what can I do about it?