cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blueyonder 512mb upgrade to 768mb

lmsl49

A interesting development from telewest blueyonder broadband, they are supplying free upgrade on all broadband products by 50%, i.e 512mb to 768mb, seems a good deal to me is anyone aware of f9 looking at doing this?
3 REPLIES
N/A

I doubt its an upgrade from 512mb somehow - that would be faster than the majority of Force9's Pipes on to the internet (and a lot of uni's etc. as well) Wink

Force9 can only offer 768k connections if BT start offering a 768 IP Stream product - currently they only offer 512k, 1024k and 2048k and I certainly haven't heard anythign rumoured about this. The reason cable companies can do this is because they control their own network.
N/A

Bandwidth

Hi,
I strongly suspect that Telewest & Blueyonda product upgrades are only possible due to alot of network bandwidth analysis and a large amount of unused or spare capacity on there own network and pipes (i.e they actually might have some spare unused capacity going to waste and hence can offer it to users instead). Dont know for sure I'm just guessing here?

Ivan
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

We would love to be able to do this, but unfortunately it is out of our hands. The speed of your connection from PC to exchange is set by BT Wholesale and it would be there decision (in consultation with all the ISP's and Ofcom) if this was to change. Any change like this would affect every ISP so would need to be planned correctly that all the ISP's are ready for it. It might happen in the future, and I'm sure BT have looked at it, but unlike cable the are distance limitations to consider too, e.g. a line may work fine at 512, but be out of limits for 756. So it wouldn't happen before the 10km trials are over if ever.