cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing FAQ?

N/A

billing FAQ?

I have noticed that there is a lot of questions around billing.

As I understand it:

- you have to give 30 days notice
- if the next billing date is within these 30 days you will be billed once more
- you will be refunded any unused time

So far so good.

My questions:

- when does that 30 day period start? When requesting the MAC, when informing PlusNet of the new ISP's activation date? With the activation of the new account?
- does that affect all contracts/situations alike (monthly, yearly, 45 days guarantee)?
- if you have your account moved before the last billed month commences, will you be refunded that month plus the "unused" days of the previous month?
- if you have your account moved before the last bill is due, it is clear that this has to be refunded, will you still be billed?

I find this quite a strange practice and apparently, the T&C seem not clear enough to avoid confusion about this area.

It was nice to have an official statement from PlusNet that would explain their practice.
10 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

billing FAQ?

Hi,

I'll see if I can answer these for you.

when does that 30 day period start?

The 1 month notice starts from the day you raise the ticket requesting cancellation or migration out.

does that affect all contracts/situations alike (monthly, yearly, 45 days guarantee)?

The start of the notice period is the same in all cases.

if you have your account moved before the last billed month commences, will you be refunded that month plus the "unused" days of the previous month?

If you migrate out before the end of the 1 month notice and a payment is due during the notice period then the payment is taken in full and any unused time after the 1 month's notice would be refunded.

if you have your account moved before the last bill is due, it is clear that this has to be refunded, will you still be billed?

The payment would still be collected as regardless of whether the migration has happened or not or whether you are still using the service you have to pay for the whole of the 1 month notice period. If you migrate out but have paid for time after the 1 notice this can be refunded.
N/A

billing FAQ?

Thanks Dave,

The 1 month notice starts from the day you raise the ticket requesting cancellation or migration out.

So this means when you raise a ticket to request you MAC?

If you migrate out before the end of the 1 month notice and a payment is due during the notice period then the payment is taken in full and any unused time after the 1 month's notice would be refunded.

that means if you cancel on e.g. Oct 1st, any time after Oct 30th will be refunded?

The payment would still be collected as regardless of whether the migration has happened or not or whether you are still using the service you have to pay for the whole of the 1 month notice period. If you migrate out but have paid for time after the 1 notice this can be refunded.

- can be refunded? Or will be refunded?

So in a nutshell, you will be refunded any "overpay" that covers any time after 30 days?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

billing FAQ?

So this means when you raise a ticket to request you MAC?

Yep.

that means if you cancel on e.g. Oct 1st, any time after Oct 30th will be refunded?

If you raise the ticket on 1st October and migrate out on or before 31st October then anything after the 31st would be refunded. If you migrate out after the 31st, but before your next payment is due then the unused time would be refunded.

- can be refunded? Or will be refunded?

So in a nutshell, you will be refunded any "overpay" that covers any time after 30 days?

I'd say to raise a ticket if you were in this position once your migration is complete, but yes any "overpay" for time after the 1 month notice would be refunded.
N/A

billing FAQ?

thank you for the clarification.
N/A

billing FAQ?

I'm a bit confused about this 30days and unused refunds...

My billing date is the 25th of the month, I requested my MAC on the 3rd and am due to be gone by the 12th, on the 25th of this month will I be billed again?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

billing FAQ?

Hi,

Assuming all goes to plan then what should happen is your 1 month's notice period starts on 3rd October and ends on 2nd November. Therefore the payment on 25th (for the period 25th October to 24th November) is taken in full regardless of the migration date. Once the notice period is up and assuming the migration was successful on the 12th raise a ticket and we can issue a refund for the period between 3rd November and 24th November
N/A

billing FAQ?

Thanks dtomlinson.
N/A

billing FAQ?

Hi Dave.

If a ticket is raised on the 12th for a refund:

a: How long will it take for the refund.

b:In what form is the refund i.e credit to bank etc.

cCheesyoes a DD have to be left open once the final payment is taken or do you close that.

d: Should any card details be removed by the customer on that date as well.

Thanks Paul
JonathanW
Grafter

billing FAQ?

Hi Dave.

If a ticket is raised on the 12th for a refund:

I'm not Dave, but I'll answer the questions for you Smiley

a: How long will it take for the refund.

This depends on how the refund is being given. Direct Debit refunds can take fourteen days, and in some cases a little longer, due to the nature of direct debits.

b:In what form is the refund i.e credit to bank etc.

Refunds are generally given via the same method as the money was taken.

cCheesyoes a DD have to be left open once the final payment is taken or do you close that.

d: Should any card details be removed by the customer on that date as well.

Thanks Paul

I'd always suggest leaving any payment details in place, rather than removing them from the account, should any refunds need to be processed. Though once the account is fully closed off, the DDI will be cancled as well.
N/A

billing FAQ?

Thanks jwhiting.

Congratulations on your new position at Plusnet. Hope it all goes ok for you.