cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

big problem

N/A

big problem

i came home to find my modem is not connecting to the network, theres no adsl signal on the line nor is my modem lighting up green or reporting a speed of the line, im not best pleased. Whats going on? My username is leeson6756
31 REPLIES
N/A

big problem

You need to report this as a fault to Plusnet. If you can get on line with a dial up number, use that to raise a ticket.
passer
Grafter

big problem

Firstly, try another modem if you can get hold of one, to eliminate a modem failure. If that doesn't make any difference, raise a ticket. Better still, phone up support in the early morning, when they aren't so busy, and ask them to check your line.

No ADSL signal sounds like a BT fault, and PN are quite good at pushing these through BT in my experience. A couple of friends have had BT probs recently, and once you've gone through the set of questions and/or tests which they give you (slightly tedious but necessary if they are to progress it further) CS move it along quite efficiently.
N/A

big problem

whats the dialup number? Since its 56k. Will this cost me per minute? How do i get on? Do i use the same username and password as my broadband account?
N/A

big problem

whats the customer service number
Community Veteran

big problem

Dial up settings:

Number - 0845 1400101 (calls charged at local rates per minute)
username - leeson6756
password - same as your broadband password

Customer support is 0845 1400200 (calls charged at local rates per minute)

If the ADSL light on your modem isn't even flashing or lighting up it sounds like a modem failure
James
Grafter

Re: big problem

i came home to find my modem is not connecting to the network, theres no adsl signal on the line nor is my modem lighting up green or reporting a speed of the line, im not best pleased. Whats going on? My username is leeson6756
Hi,

It looks like the transition to the alternate network supplier (Tiscali LLU) is currently going through on your account, as advised by the email we sent you, aswell as on your portal. This should take no more than 2 hours to complete.
N/A

big problem

you say two hours maximum but its been over 2 hours. You sure im being put on the llu today but the email said i would be on the 27/4 and today is 26/4
James
Grafter

big problem

Yeah, I saw that. I did wonder whether or not it was a case of it being done slightly earlier than expected. I've asked our Provisions team whether or not the orders has been/is being completed, but I'm afraid I won't get an answer until tomorrow.
N/A

big problem

i've still no sync ive tried various modems on all of our pc's. Now i'm being told by support that i should wait another 24 hours before ringing again as they cant say if its a line fault because of the upgrade. well in the email it said a maximum of 2hrs downtime. Its been down since 4.30pm last night. Im fed up of being messed about. I WANT this connection back now not next week. Else im off to zen
James
Grafter

big problem

Hi there,

I've raised this with our Broadband Operations Team, who will now check with Tiscali to see if the order has been completed, and raise a fault accordingly.
N/A

big problem

ive still no sync with the broadband connection. Theres no mention of phone line speeds and my modem is saying line down. What is wrong with my phone line? Why am i having these problems with u at plusnet? I need my connection for my studies. If theres no sync on my line by 9pm tonight im afraid im going to cancel the direct debit and go elsewhere!
James
Grafter

big problem

That's obviously your decision. However, we have raised your fault with our supplier and are currently awaiting a response from them, just as we would be should this have happened on a BTw provided line.

I am truly sorry that this has happened, but please rest assurred that we are doing everything in our powers to rectify the situation.
N/A

big problem

when will i be back online as ive had this problem for over 24hrs!
James
Grafter

big problem

Just as if it were a problem on a BT Wholesale line, I really couldn't give you an answer. Well, I could, but chances are I'd be wrong.