cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battlefield 2 getting pings 200+

N/A

I dont what the hell is going on but this problem is annoying,

Whenever i play bf2 during the day, i can never play online because my ping is far too high. Why is this. This isnt what i expect for 8mb broadband, this is what to expect on dialup its a joke.

Ive tried reseting the router and the computer and nothing fixes it.

Any ideas what the problem could be?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Yes, plusnet's appalling ellacoya setup and overall lack of bandwidth. Changing ISP would be your best bet.
N/A

It won't be a generic ellacoya setup problem unless it is a user by user problem.

My pings in bf2 are usually 14 - 25.

I did have a 140 this morning, but as it started raining about 30 jeeps at a time and everyone else had 100-400 ping, im guessing it was a modded up lagged to sky server! Also had the people with no weapons problem too.
N/A

I ping 44 in bf2 before and after PN had taken off interleaving lol... i never argued about it.... waste of time....
N/A

nah, i play the same server over and over again normally get pings of around 30ms, the other day on the same server i had pings of around 400. Its nothing to do with server, its a ranked vanilla server.
loony
Grafter

playing BF2 last night on The British Empires server.
has pings around 20-25 but have been seeing some lagg at certain times, dont know whether this is PN or TBE's server.

other wise no probs here.