cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bandwidth problems and websites..

N/A

www.mamemirror.tk is my domain and i went over board this past week apparently 1.5gig and 1gig in two days, it is basically a mirror site for the www.mameworld.net service and i have been providing this mirror for the last two years without problem - no illegal mp3s or other dodgy files just genuine emulation code.

so the site dissapeared today but the tos was changed last month?

i had previously enquired (voluntarily) about increasing space and bandwidth last year but was told it was not a problem and then this happens...

any ideas or cheap hosts?
6 REPLIES
N/A

for 1.5 gigs a day?

Good luck.

I had my site removed, so i made i downgraded it and made it less appealing, yay Shockedops:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I'd recommend taking a look at your webstats to see what took you over bandwidth, whether it was a file being downloaded a large number of times or a single person using it all up.
Most of our accounts have a limit of 250MB per day, so we have to act if a site is going significantly over this limit.
N/A

i just found it surprising that is was pulled when it has been doing the same thing for such a long time...
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

The likelyhood is that for whatever reason, the bandwidth on the site spiked massively (was the main site down, meaning lots more people were using the mirror) and we withdrew the site based on that.

Regards,
N/A

thanks for the reply, but the mame site www.mame.net is mirrored extensively mine is just one it was just a blip albeit a large one.

it would have been nice to see the webstats for the previous month so i could compare the b/width
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

If you had webstats turned on then you should be able to view all the stats for this year through the portal here.

If you did not have it turned on then I am afraid that there is no way to get the historical data.

Regards,