cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[b]"Jumping Ship"[/b]

N/A

[b]"Jumping Ship"[/b]

Can Anyone Recommend A Uk ISP That does not cap or throttle usenet as I feel this situation will only get worse. I can understand slowing things down during peak times but the current situation is unacceptable and unwarranted.
It saddens me to have to consider leaving F9 as I have been a customer since 2000 but why should I have to leave my computer on all day just to get a couple of GB's when it could download them in next to no time off peak
4 REPLIES
N/A

[b]"Jumping Ship"[/b]

as far as I know, where usenet is concerned, there is no other ISP that has a specific cap on usenet usage separate from other usage.
N/A

[b]"Jumping Ship"[/b]

quick question... whats the chance of other isp getting usage caps on usenet?
N/A

[b]"Jumping Ship"[/b]

the chances are lower if people vote with their feet and show the isp's you have to give people what they want not what they think people want.
Here's another suggestion, usenet is currently classed as "Bronze", why can't I have usenet classed as "Gold" and web pages classed as "Bronze". I don't do much downloading from web pages or online gaming etc. so I don't mind waiting for web pages to show etc.
N/A

[b]"Jumping Ship"[/b]

Personally, im going to give http://www.zenadsl.com/ a try.

If you are desperate, you can use a proxy server if you are using a Usenet service external to Force9. Im fortunate myself, I have access to a server in Texas and I download files to there first and then to myself full-speed from there. Its a pain in the arse though so im glad I will only have to do that for a month.