cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

azureus(bitT client) and plusNet.. do they work together?

N/A

i recently join PN and was with tiscali. i was having all these d/l limit problems with a "unlimted service" with tiscali , so i left them and joined PN. so when i tried to download using azurues i saw all these seeders and leechers. but it wasnt connecting to any of them :S it stayed like this for an hr (0kbps) then i exited the program. and installed the orginal BIT T program, and downloads were a little better(20kbps). Cry maybe the problem is with azurues but i highly doubt this. any1 had the same problems and can recommend some advice? im a premiere customer who feels robbed cos i thought i was getting a 2 meg line but had to settle for 1meg. PN should make it clear that customers arent guaranteed a 2meg line due to BT issues.
does PN block p2p ports?
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What package are you on?
N/A

In a word, yes, it does. You won't get good P2P performance on PlusNET, end of story.
N/A

In a word, yes, it does. You won't get good P2P performance on PlusNET, end of story.

You will get Good speed i get up to 230k Cheesy
Alecto
Grafter

Yes, it's true that on Premier you get good P2P speeds. I get 200k+ with Azureus on UK Nova, for example.
Pn do not block any P2P ports, though some of the P2P sites do block the default ports for many of the P2P clients.

And the service is called Premier Up to 2Mb, not Premier 2Mb, to allow for those like yourself whose line won't take 2Mb.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

We don't block any p2p ports, we do however block p2p on our Home Surf account. Also, if the "Generic Surf" componant has been enabled on your account then p2p will be blocked.
N/A

thanks for replies. im on premier. but i still cant get azurues to connect onto seeders or leechers :S and to the person with 230kbps. ur very lucky. havent turned the generic surf on. any other pointers?
Alecto
Grafter

Do you get the green faces? And does theNAT/Firewall tester under Tools report that you're OK?
Firewalling is the usual problem, followed by a poor source with not enough seeders to leechers.
N/A

My first suggestion is to find a test torrent.

These are normaly the festest downloads you can get over Bittorrent. They will help test your setup and confirm things are working.

Have you made sure your firewalls is configured to allow in and outbound connections from your client?

Have you made sure your connection hardware has the required forwarded ports?
N/A

it definitely works if you're configured correctly. Make sure your firewall is configured properly and if you are using a router make sure it's firmware is up to date. That is what appears to have been causing me problems using Bittorrent. Now I have an updated router and tweaked a few config. settings it's working much, much better.

The Bittorrent network is pretty keen on you sharing back. If you cut your upload bandwidth down then your download speed will suffer so check your transfer settings.
N/A

N/A

I found using Bit Tornado to work best on most ISP's for some reason any time i have installled it or got a friend and others to install it on there system it has worked fine. under alot of different ISP's. i had a few issue's with the oringal BitT programs n some other. Bit tornade seemed to work best.

As you can see from the image below which was taken today i gettting fine speed usually at that speed are faster.
http://www.bittornado.com/

Don't n what rules there is with posting stuff like this lol i read that much crap l8ly i dont realli care. it not given any info away jus a screen shot.

Joe
N/A

I've always got good speeds with Azureus - and I like the interface too! I've not actually used it since my 2Mb upgrade, but with a suitable torrent it always used to max out my 512Kb connection if I let it (I usually configure BT or P2P clients to leave some bandwidth free).

As others have said - check the port forwarding on your router, if you have one.

QUESTION: what's the "generic surf" component?