cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto login

amcbride
Grafter

auto login

Keep trying to set auto login but everytime it doesn`t seem to actually work. Fill in my details says its set but on coming back I have to login in again.

I no in the past using a number of years did not work. So have tried 6 months and 6 weeks but this still does not work for me.

Have same problem in IE7 and firefox.

Anyone else having same problem.
12 REPLIES
James
Grafter

auto login

Hi there,

What is the actual link for these forums that you have use as your bookmark? It doesn't have a string in it or anything like that does it?
holdtight
Grafter

auto login

If you have set anything to clear cookies this could be the problem as the auto login cookie needs to be saved to auto login again

I dont use IE7 but in firefox check tools options privacy and see what its set to

If this is the problem try the cookieculler add on
amcbride
Grafter

auto login

Hi there,

What is the actual link for these forums that you have use as your bookmark? It doesn't have a string in it or anything like that does it?

Hi James the link is ;

http://portal.plus.net/index_portal.html

so has no string.

When I click on home it goes to the member centre but if I go out of my browser and bring a new page up, auto login does not kick in, it asks me to put in my details manually again.
driveconsultant
Grafter

auto login

I have the same problem. I have set auto-login on several machines but it still keeps asking me to login. I use Firefox on Linux/Solaris/Windows.
Community Veteran

auto login

I have set auto-login on several machines but it still keeps asking me to login.

If I recall correctly then trying to use Auto Login on more than one machine will cause a problem and it will only respond to the latest machine (cookie) that has been set up.
driveconsultant
Grafter

auto login

If I recall correctly then trying to use Auto Login on more than one machine will cause a problem and it will only respond to the latest machine (cookie) that has been set up.

Doh! That's annoying. Any idea how I can find out for sure?
holdtight
Grafter

auto login

Ah that explains things and John is quite correct auto login will only work on one machine at a time due to the information the cookie holds

Regardless of the many many attempts to find a way around this as i have several systems running it would seem there isn't one
amcbride
Grafter

auto login

However I am trying to use auto login on one machine but have 2 different browsers. Does this mean I can only use 1 browser if I want autologin to workHuh?

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
holdtight
Grafter

auto login

Yep afraid so
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

auto login

I find that very useful as I use the other browser for logging into other accounts.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

auto login

Hi there,

Unfortunately this does only work in one browser/one machine at a time.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
holdtight
Grafter

auto login

I find that very useful as I use the other browser for logging into other accounts.

As it happens so do i now for very similar reasons