cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are plusnet managers aware

winnipeg1823
Grafter

One read of this board shows that not all is well at plusnet.
Two common complaints are the customer service, and problems with LLU.

It would be interesting to see if the senior managers at plusnet are aware of these problems, or is it being kept from them.

I would like one of these managers to spend half an hour reading this board, then to post a response as to whether he / she thinks the customers are getting a fair service.

I know that certain members of plusnets staff do a good job on this board sorting out peoples problems, that really should have been sorted out elsewhere, and for once I would like to see a reply from others at plusnet, a little higher up the chain.

heres hoping
23 REPLIES
N/A

winnipeg1823
Grafter

That seems to suggest that there were problems but all is now rosey, which is not. Would still like someone to do as I suggest, but bet they wont
N/A

I can assure you that one person that does know about all these problems is Lee Strafford ( CEO Plusnet aka owner ). He reads this forum as much as possible and reads every thread.

Most other senior staff come here to have a good read also, so my vote would be cast to say yes everyone is aware. I also believe thaat Plusnet are trying to turn things around, but the real question with this would be within what sort of timescale and to what degree.

Regards,
James
Grafter

They are more than aware.

There's also a Comms whiteboard in the CSC showing the top 5 comms related issues.
winnipeg1823
Grafter

I think most people expect that with something as complicated as the internet there will be some problems. What people also expect is that when these problems arise there is support in place to deal with the matter, which after all is what we pay for.
The main complaint from everyone is the lack of response when questions are posted on the site (weeks sometimes without a reply) and the problems trying to get through on the phones.
I personally have had questions opened for days with no reply, and only by the intervention of those staff members on here has anything been done. Not ideal I would suggest, so if plusnet want to improve, then actually replying to customers would be a start.
N/A

maybe they can yet put another automated process in where if a question hasnt been aswered for a couple of days for an auto email appologising for the delay.

Synical or serious? you decide Smiley
N/A

And have you seen the latests ticket response time

27 hours..... WTF is going on!
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If they are aware James why do the problems continue? We were told CSC levels were back to normal, why has the situation been allowed to get into it's present state again?

They are more than aware.

There's also a Comms whiteboard in the CSC showing the top 5 comms related issues.
holdtight
Grafter

And have you seen the latests ticket response time 27 hours.....

27 hours your joking i put in an LLU opt out ticket 2pm on the 3rd and still no response

not that i was expecting one untill next month of course Wink
N/A

LLU opt out and Max requests are dealt with separately on a weekly(ish) basis.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the stat reflecting some degree of reality... albeit shocked as we were advised that CS was approaching reasonable levels...

I rarely get a ticket dealt with properly (unless Comms are involved) - COMMS are ACE.

I had speed issue, raised a ticket, was open for a month, not dealt with properly, issues ignored, unanswered for days, eventually they shut the ticket. I'm fully aware that the average CS is frankly appaling.
winnipeg1823
Grafter

My most recent experiance is a strange one. On 27th July I lost my adsl signal for the fourth time. Eventually after days of unanswered messages and questions it was forwarded to Tiscali, with a promise from plusnet that they would chase it up, and keep me informed.

On Monday PM my signal came back. As of now (wednesday PM ) plusnet have not informed me of any change in my fault, if they cannot let you know good news, what chance with the bad
winnipeg1823
Grafter

still no response from any manager
MysteryFCM
Grafter

You're not likely to get one unfortunately .... the only thing managers seem to do well is avoid doing the stuff they're meant to be doing ....
Neil_A
Grafter

Hi there,

Many managers and directors read the forums each day. We also have a comms team and marketing team who read these forums and flag key issues to the management team. That doesn't mean we can respond to everything instantly or fix it that day. Things like BT Max realistically are going to be highly problematic for all ISPs for the next 3 or 4 months.

We're very well aware of the issues annoying customers at the moment - response times for questions and calls, faults problems with BT Max, things going wrong during migrations to Tiscali LLU and some inaccuracies on VMBU being the main things.

We're due to send out another update on how we are progressing with our action plan for our customer support centre - we have temps in with easy issues, we're pressing our suppliers hard on their issues, we have all members of the company (directors & managers included) working customer tickets to help with the individual issues and spot patterns and we're recruiting and training highly skilled technical analysts to make sure we don't get back into this position.

We're doing everything we possibly can right now to focus on the customer improvement, fix the problems, clear the backlogs, and improve the processes. We've made big improvements in the *quality* of responses to customer questions but we still have a big problem on *quantity*.

We really DO listen, and act, on the feedback in this forum. Please keep it coming. The PlusNet UserGroup are also doing an excellent job in engaging with the community here, prioritising the key issues and working with us to test fixes to problems etc. We can't make everything perfect overnight and it would be daft of us to promise that. But we're working as hard as we can.

Thanks