cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone else thinking of leaving?

N/A

Am i the only one who is way fucking fed up with this shit half-arsed crappy ISPHuh I'm sick to my back teeth of utter GARBAGE speeds of barely 900kbs. I had a service twice as fast before. PN are utter assholes in my opinion. They seem to treat people like crap, they don't have any positive advise, CC's always busy. They take my hard earned money so they can treat me like a prized lemon. And where the heck did this allowance come from? when I joined, I'm sure I didnt have that. They didn't even tell me they put me on this. Well I'm a split-second from just moving to another ISP that will give me a decent service. So they had better sort my problems out regarding this utter CRUD speed. I would advise EVERYONE else who feels like they're being treated like a moron to also consider a move.
51 REPLIES
JJ
Grafter

It’s a market economy so if PN don’t provide what you believe you should be getting go and try a few other ISP’s. You never know you might find one that meets your requirements. Me well I am reasonably happy with PN, customer services are rubbish, but speeds range between 2.5 and 6.5Mbps, and I can do what I want to do with this ISP.

You were getting 1 to 6Mbps speeds ‘all over the place’ when you were first upgraded, so what’s happened now ?

JohnH
Alecto
Grafter

No, I'm not thinking of leaving at all.
N/A

I am going to move to PAYG (currenty on Premier) to see if things improve on the speed front.

I mainly use my connection for Xbox Live and for the last 2 weeks it has been practically impossible to use due to the widly varying speeds on download speed.
Community Veteran

Nor me.
N/A

@machina777 - Well, I don't tend to get censored when I comment, but there have been times when I think the customers have been treated like mushrooms... I know PN has been working towards a full automated network management system (with traffic calming and no need for staff to make adjustments every day) but the way things have moved, I can see that the majority of users left in a couple of years may be those who use under 5 GB a month.

The chaos concerning the introduction of both the "product refresh" and DSL Max should not be happening - there's surely been plenty of time to come up with plans, discuss them with the PUG and come to some agreement over sensible handling. U-turns should not need to happen.

The PR disasters are something PUG + PN seem to be addressing, though I won't expect it to be too long before the next set of complaints hit the fan, what with this change to using a premium rate number for some types of enquiry and later on there will be more calls when telephone line billing is part of the workload on top of the Shop and the core services (what are they, again... oh yes, giving users reliable mail and connectivity).

As for me, yes, I will be away in 10 days (I had the choice to set a specific date, and may as well get my traffic quota out of PN) for a free month with my new ISP, and will get an account giving 20 GB peak hours limit - "peak" is only 6 hours a day - at a price to match Broadband Plus, so I save a fiver a month, too.

I doubt I'll look back... certainly not like the saddos who pop into the PN forum on AG to continue their moaning!
N/A

I nearly did a few weeks back Wink
N/A

It’s a market economy so if PN don’t provide what you believe you should be getting go and try a few other ISP’s. You never know you might find one that meets your requirements. Me well I am reasonably happy with PN, customer services are rubbish, but speeds range between 2.5 and 6.5Mbps, and I can do what I want to do with this ISP.

You were getting 1 to 6Mbps speeds ‘all over the place’ when you were first upgraded, so what’s happened now ?

JohnH

You want to know what's happening now? Ok. Now I'm getting a little over 600kbs. So it's gone down still further. The service stinks, and not only for me as I've been reading on the boards. It's quite amazing how crappy a service can become. Total deterioration. Nothing is for free, and I remember reading a post, saying that the regrade would have a catch. It does. A select few seem to get mediocre-good speeds, and I would hazard the majority get absolute crap speeds.

Loyalty from the consumer is RARELY rewarded, as I'm finding out. Why I have stuck with them for this long I do not know.
Firejack
Grafter

A month or so I was strongly thinking of leaving. Honestly though there is nowhere else to go. Browsing around all the public UK Broadband forums you see all ISP's are plagued by the same big problems such as traffic management and MAX DSL upgrades. Performance of the traffic management systems plusnet uses seems to off improved a lot in recent weeks. Latency has really come down in games.

MAX DSL I think will remain a problem for a long time. Today is my 11th day on MAX DSL I'm still to achieve a stable connection nevermind a faster one. The problem with MAX DSL appears to be effecting every ISP. Nothing you can do when the UK broadband market rely's so heavily on the one major supplier, BT. Seems BT are really overstretched and unable to update everyones connection profiles with their maximum stable rate for DSL while keeping up with demand for extra capacity on local exchanges caused by MAX DSL rollout.
Its worth checking your exchange status at http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ regularly. As far as speed issues go 90% of the time these seem to be caused by BT not upgrading your exchange fast enough.
aeroalfie
Grafter

Not me - i'm relativly happy with the service, my speeds and my usage allowance!
N/A

I did a speed test using PN speed test tool and got this result

1.88 Mbps

Which means you can download at 240.97 KB/sec. from our servers.

I'm meant to be on Premier 2Mb does 1.88 look OK?
Tiscali is offering 2Mbs for £17.99 unlimited. That sounds like a better offer.
Anybody agree.
N/A

MAX DSL I think will remain a problem for a long time. Today is my 11th day on MAX DSL I'm still to achieve a stable connection nevermind a faster one. The problem with MAX DSL appears to be effecting every ISP. Nothing you can do when the UK broadband market rely's so heavily on the one major supplier, BT. Seems BT are really overstretched and unable to update everyones connection profiles with their maximum stable rate for DSL while keeping up with demand for extra capacity on local exchanges caused by MAX DSL rollout.
Its worth checking your exchange status at http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ regularly. As far as speed issues go 90% of the time these seem to be caused by BT not upgrading your exchange fast enough.

One of the most sensible posts on the forum at the moment I think, this is what people need to realise, its the network that is currently mental, not the ISP, although I imagine a few of the staff in PNCS rocking backwards and forwards in the corner, screaming MOOOOMMMMMMYYYYY. :lol:

Patience really is a virtue in this I think, yes I was VERY close to leaving, even went as far as writing the email, but then I thought, what is it like with others, and looked around, and it is just as mental at the moment, you may well be jumping out of the frying pan into the petrol driven inferno!
N/A

Before the MaxDSL bribe err... I mean upgrade I was thinking about moving.

It's all love and kisses now though Cheesy
N/A

Tiscali is offering 2Mbs for £17.99 unlimited. That sounds like a better offer.
Anybody agree.

You do not want to go to Tiscali Smiley It might be worthwhile if they paid YOU £17.99 a month to use their service... Err or maybe not! Oh and 1.88Mbps is absolutely fine and good. I'm on maxdsl 4.2Mbps and I'm getting less than you tonight Cheesy
Discostoo
Grafter

I did a speed test using PN speed test tool and got this result

1.88 Mbps

Which means you can download at 240.97 KB/sec. from our servers.

I'm meant to be on Premier 2Mb does 1.88 look OK?

1.88 is fine. i avg 1.92mb, but it all depends on line quality etc...

My speeds are fine, always have been. Its just the latency i have issue with. never seen anything like it on any ISP.