cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone else have 0 download bandwith on p2p?

N/A

i've got a bit of uploading bandwidth on p2p but nearly nothing on the download side.

web browsing seems to be ok at the moment though.

not sure if this is related to all the junk going on the last couple of days or not. anyone in the same boat? suggestions?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Im on Level 3 Management and currently am downloading at 60kB/s on p2p
N/A

dang! i don't think i've had 60 download ever.

thanks for the reply. i've tried switching the modem on/off and rebooting, but no improvement. funny cuz the p2p was working great when all the www stuff was going down the toilet.
N/A

if your using azureus 2.4.0.0 turn on encryption!!!
N/A

Don't think that is the OP's problem...

Absorption: Have you checked your firewall settings to make sure you've got both outbound and inbound access for whatever client you're using? The problems with the dns wouldn't effect (most) p2p apps as they tend to use IP addresses which don't need to be resolved. Try connecting to a known good torrent (assuming you're using bittorrent that is) such as a linux distro - its a bit more reliable than some of the more dubious links...
N/A

thanks again for the replies. i double-checked port forwarding and tested and all was fine.

shut everything down again, unhooked the modem and started up and now things seem straightened out. very strange. never had an outage like that before.

cheers for the suggestions.