cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anybody showed speed increase after being slow after 8meg ug

N/A

ok guys here it is.

was on 2 meg superb service speed and connections secound to none.

i have not long had the 8 meg upgrade, 2 weeks ago i think, but i have the crappest speeds ever, done both plus nets own, and the standart bt instructions they suggest for speed testing properly.

and the max speed i have seen is 3.2, right down to 1.7, that was after 5 attempts on the bt speed test,

on the bog stadard +net one i havnt seen above 2.7 even at 3 am in the morning.

i ave now raised this point with +net and iam awaiting a reply.
i also can say on the dissconnection front, its been suerb not one dissconnection at all, as i know some of you have reported bad connections,mine has been great.

but my question to any of you guys is this.

has any of you on the 8 meg upgrade had these kind of speeds and then it has gone to its full potential.

reason i ask is simply iam being told time again allow at least 2 months as max dsl can be like this for a while....well is it true and any if you seen it happen??

as i my doubts on this ever going to top speed.

thanks for your time guys.
7 REPLIES
James
Grafter

If it's any consolation, I'm in a similar boat to you - have never seen over 4mbps, despite always syncing at 8192.
N/A

If it's any consolation, I'm in a similar boat to you - have never seen over 4mbps, despite always syncing at 8192.

thanks for the reply.

couple of more questions.

do you think it will get better?

also iam actualy i contact with my modem customer support to, and they have just asked me for my snr figures, and when i told them my snr is downstream, 10.5, they told me this is bad and ring bt to check the line.

do you think i should, and if so who exactly do i ring and what do i ask for?

and what should my snr figures be?
N/A

I've seen 6.5Mbps on my connection, but only twice, and only for a short time!
N/A

I've seen 6.5Mbps on my connection, but only twice, and only for a short time!

how long you been upgraded m8,

best ive seen on p2p is around 180.
the fastes i sw was 307.00 on bt speed test, defianltly not right, and its starting to annoy me now.

thanks for the reply
N/A

Was upgraded 3 May, but it took something like 1½ months before my stable rate was increased from 2000 to 8000 - something to do with me having migrated to PlusNet apparently.
N/A

Was upgraded 3 May, but it took something like 1½ months before my stable rate was increased from 2000 to 8000 - something to do with me having migrated to PlusNet apparently.

and would you say hen that your speeds are exceptable for 8 meg or not?Huh
N/A

If you mean acceptable rather than exceptable, then they pretty much are. MaxDSL is more sensitive towards things, and so speeds can vary a lot more than on previous BT broadband products.