cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anybody else think paying 21.99 STILL for 512 is unexceptabl

N/A

ok, before anybody comes here and quotes the "its bt's fault", STOP, its only there lack of getting the things done on time thats causing this problem but still.......

......., iam now of the opinion, i have been with plus net through thick and thin and paying 21.99 for OVER 3 years now, and iam sorry but iam at the point now were iam paying that amount were others are getting the 2 meg service for the exact same price.

and iam sorry but now that is totaly unexceptable, ok at the start then yes be patient, but were fast aproaching august now, with no news or more to the point no way of finding out either whats happening, as they use the glorified "blame the others " policy.

so look its gone on far far to long now and imo, just simply not fair now, to be giving your customers this kind of service, and iam wondering,
you should be in the interest of your loyal customers be thinking of giving a cuttoff date were the folks STILL not on 2 meg, imo, should either get a reduction in monthly costs untill they get upgraded or be given gratis upgrades.

its gone on far far to long now, and iam getting very anoyed with it all, ive been as patient as i possibly can, and iam now getting to the point also were iam NOT happy about me paying the same cash for a differant more substandard service.

and surely this alone must break some sort of contract rules somewere dont it??

so come on plus net show some dam loyalty will you to your customers who have been paying you for a long time.
at least show us your thinking of looking into the delays.
49 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

I don't want to defend plusnet unnecessarily, but the delays are with BT and BT really do take no notice of anybody, especially their customers.

To avoid exactly the situation you're in, I paid £14.99 for the upgrade when I first got the chance and have been on 2Mb for a few months now.

It's tough, but unless you want to carry on waiting, that's your only other option.
N/A

I've got me free upgrade it's lovely :lol: nice and fast
N/A

I was getting frustrated just like you i was also with plusnet for 3 years on 512k. My connection has now been upgraded to 1mb about 3 weeks ago but i would like 2mb as its unfair thats i have not been given the full speed.

In my opinion Plusnet's customer service is CRAP !
I posted a ticket about the new CGI platform last night, waited 14 hours to get a ticket answerd and all they said was basicaly try the forums, and posted the same respone for my two tickets word for word !
N/A

Hi there,

I do understand your situation. In fact I am in the same sort of boat.

But honestly, what do you want Plus Net to do? Send out an army of tech to force entry into every exchange and upgrade its customers?

I cant say how or if Plus Net shout at BT or what come back they have. But short of shouting, I cant see what options they have.
N/A

Did you tick the box on signup telling PN not to send you marketing info?

If so, you can't complain that they haven't sent you the info......
Walrus
Grafter

'Substandard service', I don't think so. I'm in the same boat as yourself, paying £21.99 for 512kbps - which has been exceptional in terms of reliability and bandwidth.

I may have some gripes with PNs hosting services, but at the end of the day the primary function of an ISP is connection. My connection has been, in a word, faultless - I've been connected for weeks on end continuously, something I can only dream about on my business ADSL connection with BT.

Does a 2MB connection really make that much difference? No doubt I'll be happy when BT finally get round to regrading my line, but I'm not desperate for the extra speed. 'A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link' - many websites and gateways hardly keep up with my 512kbps connection; a local bandwidth increase here is going to make no difference. Indeed 512kbps would be suitable for me almost indefinately - what would make a difference would be an increase in upload speed, but that's another story.
N/A

Hi there,

I do understand your situation. In fact I am in the same sort of boat.

But honestly, what do you want Plus Net to do? Send out an army of tech to force entry into every exchange and upgrade its customers?

I cant say how or if Plus Net shout at BT or what come back they have. But short of shouting, I cant see what options they have.

m8 u say what do i expect them to do......

like i said, the intial wait is yes ok just exceptable, but now we getitng on for months, and there is NO way what so ever anybody should be paying same price structure for differant products, and like i say must be breaking contract laws now somewere?.

ok i know they wont upgrade me for free ( oh an no way on earth iam i paying 14.99 out of sheer priciple of the thing, 2 years of cash imo is plenty enough not to try and skank another 15 quid out of folks)

what i think they should do now is say give aug1st as a cut off date, and then anybodty that still has not recievbed a free upgrade should be put onto a lower monthy charge untill they do get the upgrade.

look quite simply also, nowere else in the world would this kind of thing go on in a buisness, its bordering on ilegal, surly, u simply can not charge same price for 2 differant products you are selling.

and to top it all NOBODY shows any iclin to be chasing it up at all, and its that to that disturbs me, judging how crap bt are it will be xmas before we see an upgrade, so do you think that will be fair then, folks getting 2 meg in april and yet folks on 512 in december still paying the same.......all wrong and something DOES need doing about it asap, instead of the usuall naff all as everybody seems to be doing.....

... you show me a post were plus net has either opologised for the delays pr infact have any plans at all if the delays continue and get worse....its totally wrong simple as that.... going on far far to long
N/A

Does a 2MB connection really make that much difference? No doubt I'll"

lol m8 just got to say...yes i see were your coming from...

but like i say would you be ok then if you stayed paying 21.99 indefinatly why all rest got 2 meg...my guess is no, nobody would ,and thats my point here, yes the service is ok always has been, but its the priciple of the thing.....me and you paying 21.99 for 512....joe bloggs and the rest pay 21.99 for 2 meg....all wrong mearly on priciple...thats my point, and plus net have shown NOTHING in the way of doing something about it., thats also wrong
N/A

Plusnet sell you a product which includes the fastest speed your line will support.
Until BT do the mass upgrades at your exchange, you are at the fastest speed your line will support. Plusnet have paid BT already to do the upgrade on your exchange, on the understanding that the process would be a long one, but that it would be cheaper to provide the upgrade in this manner to the end user.
In fact, as it is so much cheaper, PN have absorbed the fee themselves.
If you want to upgrade sooner, rather than wait for PN's hospitable offer to come to fruition, you will have to pay the £14.99 like everyone else.
N/A

Hi,

The long and the short of it is you are paying for what you ordered. Fair enough some people, many infact are paying £21.99 for a 2mb connection, but that connection is sold as up to 2mb. Therefore no law or contract is or has been broken.

The dates and timetable published by BT for the upgrade process was always a rough guide.

They (BT) have been slow in many cases rolling out this upgrade and I appreciate that Plus Net have not said wether they have or are pressing BT to speed things up or if they find the current situation acceptable or not but in reality all they can exchange with BT are words. Getting BT to suddenly push the boat out and work 24/7 for Plus Net is not going to happen.

This is not the only ISP facing this situation. It effects them all and there are millions of customers to upgrade.

In fairness all we can do is wait or pay the fee to queue jump this process.
N/A

sorry...you 2 think thats alright then...2 differant products for the same priceHuh

you cant be serious surly....think of other onomilies......you by a nice new mini form smith and sons....10k
jo bloggs your nxt door nieghbour......shows upo with same mini form smith and sons.......7k.......

thats all ok though aint it...........for you 2.....

NO its not, and thats as simple as it gets here......at least do something about it or at least show you are at least taking a look at it.....its simply not right now a few weeks delay then yes ok i think everybody would be ok with that....but not this long and NO sign of anything happening or even being done about it.

oh and glossing over the fact with "you knew whats happening" and " its bt's fault", is utter rubbish....and ill tell you sommet else to , the fact that a all new customers get it also is just another smack in the mouth for loyal customers, counts for absoluitly nothing and it should.

oh and the fact also that they CAN do it for £14.99 is another kick in the teeth also...showing it can be done quickly.

sorry but all in all yes i see your points about be patient and the likes, but it dont make it right, and the sheer faact +net show no sign of doiing anything is not a good sign for us so called loyal customers.
N/A

There is nothing that PN can do :!:
They provide a service which is delivered by BT.

There is no other choice for them - If there was only Royal Mail to deliver parcels, would you complain to a mail order company that the Royal Mail van was too slow?
What if there was another option, a courier service, but the Mail Order company asks you to pay a higher postage cost, what then, pay it, or expect them to do it the most expensive way and accept the loss themselves?
N/A

Perhaps a statement from Plus net might explain things and make them clearer.

However
sorry...you 2 think thats alright then...2 differant products for the same priceHuh
It's not 2 products. It's one product marketed at up to 2mb. Not everyone's line is capable of 2mb, Plus net cannot, with the best will in the world control that, hence the product name. Not all new customers get 2mb either, those whose lines will not support the faster speed get provisioned at the max their line will handle, be it 512 or 1mb. Thats the bottom line.

As I said at the start an indication of Plus net take and stance on the current upgrade situation might go some way towards reducing customer concern.

Over to you Ben Smiley
Alecto
Grafter

If it matters to you, then is £14.99 really a lot of money to get it done now?

I knew I wouldn't be happy waiting and not knowing when it would happen, so I paid up. Yes I'd rather have had it for free, but I knew I'd get more and more frustrated waiting for the free upgrade with no reliable feedback on when it was coming.