cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anybody else just had an outage for ten mins??

robbynudd
Grafter

as title suggests

just had a outage of my line for about ten minutes couldn't connect to anything just reset router and waited

Stodge
18 REPLIES
robbynudd
Grafter

UPDATE !!!

just had another outage is there a problem?

I'll raise a ticket and wait
tumnus
Grafter

<aol>me too</aol>
N/A

Me to your not on your own

i was just fitting a new router lost connection had some flashing red lights

all ok now Smiley
robbynudd
Grafter

mines been back running for about 30 mins must have been somebody at PN Towers having a Sprite

:lol:
N/A

a pound in the meter again
N/A

Add me to the list.

I telnetted into my router to reset it and now the passwords rejected Sad

nuts and berries!!!
robbynudd
Grafter

just had a strange thought (and it didn't contain a cow and a chicken after watching docu on Channel 5 other night)

The thought is how many of us that have had an outage added our names to the Queue jumperHuh

I did so thats me sorted

Stodge
N/A

I didn't and haven't Wink

(What are we all doing up at stupid o'clock? Must really get some sleep)
N/A

when u off to nilly land solstans not long now is it Smiley
N/A

Nope, 2 days and counting (24th)
N/A

same here, 01267 exchange

Just wondering if we are on same exchange? 01267 here, but support have informed me that no problem at the Carmarthen exchange.
I have posted a ticket. A copy of which is below as it seems to be a similar problem to yourselves.
"I contacted yourselves via the telephone at about 5am on the 21st April that despite it appearing that I was connected to the Internet (router lights ok), I could not load webpages, ping anywhere or open for example messenger type programs.
I was informed that my connection had dropped/ceased whatever one wants to call it at about 3am and that turning off my equipment for 1 hour would re-establish a connection. Out of curiosity, I turned the equipment back on after only 10 minutes or so and all was fine. The connection remained good as far as I know until….
At approx' 02.34 today (22nd April), Intermnet applications stopped working, e.g messenger program and not able to load websites, ping anywhere was messenger programs were not working either.
I spoke with Kevein Scott who informed me that I was connected. My Router told me that too-lights, but nevertheless, nothing worked.
I rebooted the router and despite the lights showing I had a connection, I couldn’t use the Internet for several minutes after the reboot. About 10 minutes later, the exact same thing happened again, messenger was not connected and webpages and ping did not work.
I spoke with Kevin once again. He again told me I was connected to Plusnet, and I informed him that that may well be, but nothing works. Another reboot of the router and the router showed I had connection, but it was several minutes before anything worked.
Whats caused this please?
Is there a connection (no pun intended) with this: http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41692
where others had similar problems during the same time period.
Unless we are all on the same exchange it would seem to point to a Plusnet problem. Kevin did do a check on the exchange status and there was no known problem with 01267.
So, what caused these disconnections and am I likely to experience them every day in the early hours of the morning?
Thank you,
Rog"
robbynudd
Grafter

@ rivertowy

I am on 01142 Sheffield Mosborough. I had the same as you, all lights on but no-one deffo @ home reset router 4-5 times before I got an IP addy

Stodge
N/A

01905 Fernhill Heath

As far as i remember it stopped twice at something like 2.15am? and i did reboot the router so i dont know if it would have worked if i hadnt or not.

Oh and i did put in for queue jumping.

(To answer someones question about "stupid-o-clock"... i was drunk Wink )
N/A

The reply to my ticket was a request:
"All initial checks have been completed with no problems found. The customer must now complete the Detailed Checks. Please ensure that all questions are completed within 48 hours, otherwise this ticket will be automatically closed with no fault reported"
I have gone through the Connection Wizard diagnostic tool so many times today. I get to the last page which asks for any comments, and yes, I do put some! Then click on continue button and the next page instead of nicely confirming all ok, say:
" We were unable to complete your requested action. This may be the result of a temporary fault.
Please try again in a few minutes."
So, I have tried over many hours to submit the results of the laborious connection diagnostic tool thingy to no avail!!!!!
Something or a few things are broke/bust plusnet, please attend to them, no wonder there was a waiting time of 1 hour for telephone support this morning.