cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any update on llu numbers connected at higher speeds etc

Community Veteran

Is someone from PN able to give an idea of

a)how many PN customers are connected via LLU and of those connected?

b) how many on llu'd exchanges have had their speeds unleashed upto 16 and 24mbps?

A while ago I suggested the possibility of pn advising which exchanges on llu were close to the magic threshold for llu speeds to be increased. The idea being that if people saw their llu'd exchnage was maybe only 5 away from the llus speed increase target that they might take the llu option.
Pn would save money and the customers would get the llu higher speeds. Everyone would win.

I'm currently happy to stay with pn for my connection but the speeds of other providers are starting to get tempting.

Any update from PN on this type of info.

A
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

a) Approx 18,000 when PN pulled the plug on switching users to LLU. PN have no current plans to start this up again and given the BT takeover, this is even less likely.

b) None as far as I know as Tiscali has not switched on ADSL2 on any of the PN lines to allow the higher speeds.

I have not heard of any plans for > 8Mbs on Tiscali connections yet or if any of the exchanges have reached the 'threashold'.
carrot63
Grafter

I read on a thread somewhere here the other day that the number on LLU was now down to 16,000.
Community Veteran

Main portal still says super fast 24mb when available. Surely every provider will move to 24mb when available is this not now a bit of a false promise as llu transfer has been stopped.

I know there is the potential for new customers on some exchanges but if pn have not provided the fast speeds to anyone currently on llu then it's a bit misleading.

http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/broadband_payg.shtm

Do pn have plans to upgrade the llu'd customers to full speed in the near future or willl they have to transfer back to the bt 21st centuary network to get the sppeds they'd hoped for?

A
James
Grafter

Hi,

Firstly, yes, the numbers of the customers that we have on Tiscali has dropped. This is expected obviously as there will be those who cancel or migrate to a different service provider, and as there are no new provides on the Tiscali service offering, the numbers will fall.

I don't have an update on the ADSL2+ speeds, but I understand that there may be an amount of development work at both sides to ensure delivery and Tiscali (this is not fact, but an opinion) may not be willing to do so on account of our having frozen new orders.