cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any other gamers connection gone up the spout?

N/A

pings fluctuating anywhere from 100 - 500, packet loss etc

cant be bothered to raise a support ticket.. its been on and off like this for months. the last time i reported this problem it took someone 4 days to summon up the reply:

'i also play counterstrike source and my pings are fine...'

thanks for that plus net, thanks yet again for the wonder full premier service.. i really feel im getting full value from my £264 a year
22 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Which gateway are you on?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

ag2?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

pte or ptn

If it's pte you might get an improvement by disconnect/reconnect until you get ptn or thn. That has worked for others on previous nights when there have been problems.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

im on ptn already Sad
N/A

There were transit problems again. US websites were timing out for me, so I reckon it was probably abovenet again.
N/A

I have had the same for months I stopped a job doing admin for Gameservers with the main reason being not being able to connect to any SoFII servers with high pings ranging 200-500. Now i play WoW and latency is about 150-400 each night. Not Good at all!!!!. I have raised a ticket but dont expect anything to change seems it is always a third party's problem and never +Net. I know why dont i just throw my £22.99 hard end away, Oh I am. Evil
N/A

Looks as if this was down to the issue described in the other thread and covered in the Service Status update. More routing issues due to a fault with a transit provider (yes, the same one as the weekend routing issues).
It is now sorted though it seems.
N/A

Yes, I was *trying* to play Dark Age Of Camelot today and was getting constant lag of around 1 second on everything I did. None of the other players I was with were getting the same problems.

It isn't a big bandwidth game, it just requires a consistent good connection.

Running Pingplotter was showing that 195.166.128.72 (lo0-plusnet.pte-ag2.plus.net) was causing the problems with very slow ping times. I tried reconnecting a few times to see if it would change the route but it didn't. So I had to put up with it all evening.

I have put in a support call.
N/A

Im actually really chuffed right now in BF2. I get alot of connection lost but i think thats down to the occasional packet lost between myself and the router as the computer downstairs does not get this problem.

But yeh, no lag my end at the moment.
N/A

yet again .. unplayable connection Sad

plus net i hate you
N/A

pings

i had quit FPS games due 2 bad pings to play WoW more and now im getting 700+pings on wow somenights sometimes even more and im pvp'ing and its rather annoying dieing because of the latency

could i have a stable connection please.
N/A

Yes, gaming has become frustrating. The complaints have been coming for several months now but Plusnet appears to be either ignorant, incompetent or doing it on purpose.

I'd go for incompetent as this seems to be the standard in business these days. I'm assuming the IT engineers are qualified to do the job but have no idea what's involved in keeping the system running to a competent standard.... the standard I am paying them to keep. Every day I get problems that prove their uselessness at maintaining the system.

Nothing about Plusnet can be relied on, except unreliability.
N/A

Well, I had constant connection problems for months, plusnet constantly refusing to admit that they had anything to do with it and it was either BTs fault or something on my end...I finally had enough, have migrated back to BT as of this last firday - funnily enough, not ONE single problem since then Cheesy can finally play BF2 without getting disconnected every 2 minutes :/
Ritey
Grafter

question about migration.....
probably need a new topic for this but anyway...
1) when u migrate to a new ISP can u still keep ur old PN email account? if so is it free? or do u hav to pay for a dialup service?

2) how long does the migration take?

3) and does PNs strange contention ration (30:1) make any difference?

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs): Removed quote from previous post. Please dont quote the whole of the previous as it is against the forum rules.]