cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another shot in the foot from PlusNet?

smack58

Quote: "We understand and appreciate the frustration and problems that customers see when their broadband connection isn't working and should at least allow customers to get online and do the important tasks like sending and receiving email without having to pay extra for the phone calls through no fault of their own.

Kind Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
Customer Support"

...so when my broadband connection went awol this morning (no mention of any new authentication issues reported on Service Status pages at the time of writing) I thought I'd use the the trumpeted free backup dialup number to report the fault. Funny, then, that whilst I can authenticate just fine using the 0845 dialup number (that I have to pay for!) authentication fails every time on the free backup number. Tell me it's not about the money, PlusNet...Huh
4 REPLIES
N/A

Its not about the money! You have to connect first using the 0845 number and raise a non-connection fault.
Upon completion of the fault wizard, the free number should be automatically activated on your account.
bluewhale
Grafter

Upon completion of the fault wizard, the free number should be automatically activated on your account.

which is just ridiculous

it should be enabled on all broadband account now

after all whos going to use dialup unless broadband has failed
N/A

..Which is just ridiculous..

Not really.. because there will always be someone who will try and abuse this facility.
kitz
Rising Star

Agree... people would abuse it.
I could use my login on my lappy to say dial in a connection using my account name from a friends house/where-ever and surf for free as long as I didnt mind my router being knocked off line.

IMHO its no big deal.. after all if you have a fault on your line it needs to be reported anyhow.. therefore enabling the free service afterwards makes sense.

At least they are providing this service - unlike the vast majority of other ISPs.