cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

annual contract problem

N/A

annual contract problem

Can anyone ( hopefully someone from Plusnet ) answer these questions.

First of all here are a couple of facts.

My first invoice is dated 2nd August 05.
My last invoice takes me up to 9th Aug 06.

Is this more than a year?
I think it is but Plusnet customer service people don't.
They want me to pay full deferred activation costs.

I believe that I have fulfilled my 12 months contractual obligation based on the fact that I have paid them monthly subscription charges beyond the 12 month period. Why don't Plusnet believe this?

Just in case any Plusnet people do look at this heres the ticket number 19796615.
33 REPLIES
N/A

annual contract problem

Deferred fees are over 5 years, go to this link here
N/A

annual contract problem

I understand I must pay deferred costs but not the full whack.
Surely I am in the 2nd year if my first invoice was 02/08/05 and my last 09/08/06.
Based on Plusnets deferred cost matrix I should pay £67.00

The cancellation fees are summarized in the table below.
Product Year 1 Year 2 Year 3 Year 4 Year 5 Year 6+
Activation £58.75 £47.00 £35.25 £23.50 £11.75 £0.00
USB Modem £25.00 £20.00 £15.00 £10.00 £5.00 £0.00
N/A

annual contract problem

Keep that tucked away when you're signing up don't they...

They really are complete wonkers.
N/A

annual contract problem

On the information that you have put into this thread I agree that you have gone over the year and should go into the next year for the deferred charges.

I the past I some mobile phone companies had contracts that you could not give notice within the 12 months contract. This effectively made contracts 13 months not 12. Don't know whether PN are running a similar scam. Believe the mobile companies had their wrists slapped over this.

If PN CS does not support your agrument then you have to pay up and go through the complaint procedure and may be the small claim court. If this happen than add a reasonable amount at each stage to cover for your time and expanses.
N/A

annual contract problem

Well, hopefully they will see sense.
I have contacted my local trading standards office and they agree with me that I have fulfilled my 1st year contract obligations. It seems such a hoohaa for what is not very much money £16.75. Are Plusnet really so desperate?

But in the meantime they are holding me to ransom and wont give me a MAC code til I cough up the deferred fees, which I am more than willing to do as long as they are calculated correctly.
In fact I think my sign up date was actually 25th July 05 cos I have been a member here on the forum since then.
N/A

annual contract problem

It's probably calculated by the system, and the individual won't be able to override it very easily (even if they can see your logic).

Unfortunately, since you are still within the calendar year, the "obvious" calculation would still present 100% not 80%. I trust PN will see that is a (silly) problem.

Clearly for deferred payments, PN should either re-word the terms, or be a bit more flexible.

It might be worth commenting on this over on the PUG Forum so the PUG can sort it out with PN and get feedback from Ian Wild, too, as it affects Force 9 etc users too.
James
Grafter

annual contract problem

I think you're wasting your time going via trading standards!

Your ADSL was provided on August 9th, and we amended the invoice date accordingly, so that you weren't paying for a service that you weren't getting.
N/A

annual contract problem

It's the contract date though, not the date you started providing the service.
James
Grafter

annual contract problem

Basically, the one year comes from 12 billing period.

Because we moved the first billing period forward to account for the late provision, the period is extended.

I think you are probably the first person I've known complain about a good will gesture.
N/A

annual contract problem

It isn't good will though, he signed the contract expecting one year out of it, by providing a bog standard service you've managed to force him into the contract longer than he wanted.
James
Grafter

annual contract problem

If the customer wants me to, I can change his billing date to reflect the start of the contract period.
N/A

annual contract problem

I don't think that is the point though.

Either way, 2nd or the 9th being the starting date, his contract ends and has paid up until the 9th August. As he has paid up until and would possibly wants to leave on that date, he feels should only have to pay 4 years worth of the deferred charges and not 5.

Whereas it seems the system is looking at TODAYS date and not the 'customer has paid up until' date.

If i have read it correctly?
James
Grafter

annual contract problem

My stance is that the deffered contract should reduce after a years payment.

But hey, what do I know.
N/A

annual contract problem

Actually looking at that matrix, I keep getting quoted 72 instead of 67 for leaving, where does that come from?